My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Toothebar for my 2305 FEL and links of ones that were successful here?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Person you need to talk to is Melissa Markham at Gator Attachments (formerly Markham Welding), 1-888-453-6252 M-F 8AM-5PM. It's in North Carolina. Got one for my 53" bucket on my CX200. Tools required for installation are 3/4" wrenches and 1/2" drill bit. Took about 10 minutes. When others chime in I suspect many to concur.

Some past threads about Markham told of 1-2 day delivery but it took almost 2 weeks to get mine a couple months ago. I figure their reputation has given them more business nowdays. Sort of what happened to Randall Knives. Quality is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just sent off an e-mail thanks for the info.
What did you pay for yours. I'm about a 2.5 hour drive don't think it would be worth the drive, have to see what the shipping is.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
:ditto::ditto::ditto: Go Markham, Enough said!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just sent off an e-mail thanks for the info.
What did you pay for yours. I'm about a 2.5 hour drive don't think it would be worth the drive, have to see what the shipping is.
Don't remember what I paid, just that the UPS guy had to eat a big breakfast before toting it up to the door. You shouldn't regret going with Markham as others will no doubt attest.

·
Handyman
872 Posts
I have been looking at toothbars for awhile now myself.

Based on reputation Markham seems to be right on top.

However when I go to purchase I am going to be going with W.R. Long. The reason for me is that they make a flat bottom bucket. With a flat bottom bucket you do not leave the teeth ruts in the ground as you back drag or scoop.

Here it is: http://www.wrlonginc.com/FTB.htm

I asked Markham and was told they do not offer the flat bottom bar.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got quoted a price of $218.00 for a Toothbar, sounds like a done deal. Just have to call to what the shipping is or if a ride in necessary.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have been looking at toothbars for awhile now myself.

Based on reputation Markham seems to be right on top.

However when I go to purchase I am going to be going with W.R. Long. The reason for me is that they make a flat bottom bucket. With a flat bottom bucket you do not leave the teeth ruts in the ground as you back drag or scoop.

Here it is: http://www.wrlonginc.com/FTB.htm

I asked Markham and was told they do not offer the flat bottom bar.
Have you purchased one yet. By looking at there pictures it seems to be at least an inch lower then the bucket anyway? Also no one ever got back to me with a price.
http://www.wrlonginc.com/photogallery/STBK-1.JPG

927 Posts
Mine sits about 1/2 inch lower than the bucket blade. This is better for loosening soil IMO. The teeth on my bar are huge, stick out about 6" so they allow more material to stay in the bucket. I paid $224 including shipping two years ago.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$273.00 plus $20.00-30.00 for shipping for the WRLong. Can't figure out the shipping thing when there's 2 distributors within 10 miles of my house.
Looks like I'll order the Markam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts