My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There were some interesting saying about not loaning tools :thThumbsU I've come across here but don't remember any. LOL
Going to be in the shop the next few days and want to make up some signs any refreshers. :thanku:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I have a decal on my portable tool box. it clearly states " I make my living with these tools, please don't ask to borrow them"... I worked all the while i worked in the field.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
If someone asks me ..especially someone who does not take care of anything they own .. I will say "You have a better chance of borrowing my wife"

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
"Tools not loaned out."

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I worked for "al arge chip core plant" for 14 years in the mech. maint. dept. and I had two sets of tools one set was mostly snap on and Craftsman and the other set was "harbor Freight" quality. If you wanted to borrow a tool you had to sign date and describe the tool you borrowed and give a $10 deposit per piece, so a ratchet and socket was $20.00. The sign up sheet clearly stated if you didnt return the tool by the end of shift you were now the proud owner and lost your deposit.

I don't know why but I never loaned out many tools.....

·
reindeerman
61 Posts
I’ve never been a fan of loaning tools. When I turn people down I try and explain that I bought them because I need them. Most don’t understand.

Now it is just No. I have lost tools never returned and have had to go and retrieve several.

Sorry, I’m over it.

And No you can’t borrow my tractor!

·
Super Moderator
35,858 Posts
I don't even like loaning to my brother, he's pretty forgetful on the returning concept!

·
Tractor Fixin
24 Posts
Too often many requests to borrow end up that they never return it, most dont treat the borrowed tools with respect for the person they borrowed it from and if you get it back some months down the road, your lucky. If they are a contractor, they probably handed it over to their workers and they threw it in the dirt, cut the ground prong off, severed the cord, then promptly wrapped it with whatever tape they have in the glove box, or drove over it with the truck. "Oh here it is, thanks for letting me borrow it, I thought I gave that back to you already."

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
People who borrow tools will be assigned other tasks...:D

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
SIMPLE.

Speak plainly,

"I do NOT lend my tools, so please don't put me in an awkward situation by asking." :Stop:
I like that one....boy do I really like that one! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SIMPLE.

Speak plainly,

"I do NOT lend my tools, so please don't put me in an awkward situation by asking." :Stop:
I kind of like this one, diplamatic. It puts nice guys at disadvantage. But oh well.
I was spoiled by living in a wonderful area in the woods a few years back, there was 5 of us all with acreage and we borrowed tools from each other all the time and in 13 years none of us ever lost a thing, never a complaint nothing. When done things were returned exactly were they came from, if it was broke it was replaced with an apology.
Well where I'm at now it seems everyone needs something and as said by others I've had to retrieve tools i needed for work weeks later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts