My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fabricated or modified a small tool box to mount on the Power King? I'm looking for ideas. I continually find myself wishing I had a place to store some hitch pins, a pair of hand pruners (for trimming small branches that end up smacking me in the face while I mow), etc. I always have the best intentions to grab items before I roll out the garage but I rarely remember. I would like to be able to access it from the operator's seat. I'm trying to decide on mounting location and size.

I have various metal boxes in my garage; 30 cal. ammo can, 50 cal. ammo cans, and some old small metal tool boxes so this should be a cheap project.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Mine came with a small tin tray mounted next to the seat. I'm not sure if it was a factory part or not but it had definitely been on there for most of its life. I removed it when I converted it to hydraulics though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Hi I installed one on my PK for all the same reason you want one and I use it all the time.
HPIM1629.JPG

HPIM1630.JPG

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm reviving this thread. Seems that Power King had a factory tool box? I've seen a few pictures of them off the tractor, so wondering where they mounted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I added an 3/16" x 2" angle iron to each side of the footrest on my 2418 for a wider rest. To this I used a small ammo can for a tool box & a homemade step:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
I wonder....is it really a good thing that a tractor comes with a designed in toolbox? It kind of suggests that the manufacturer expects it to be used a bunch...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts