My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been planning on getting a Johnny Bucket for the GT3235, but the recent “Let’s see your FEL’s” thread had got me thinking differently. I had actually been doing some research to figure out if there might be a good FEL to adapt to my tractor, when an opportunity appeared. MTF member and fellow 3000 owner blown4pt3 was putting his last ever sold by Kwik Way (and one of the last made probably), 1 ½ year old Kwik Way FEL up for sale. The wife agreed to give up yet more space in the garage (could not believe that!) and so a deal was struck.

The Kwik Way is now home and I am anxious to get the 3235 back together and get it mounted. The 11 hour round trip was well worth it, as this is one nice unit. Many thanks to blown4pt3, as the loader is in excellent condition, exactly as advertised. Thanks also for preparing it so well for the trip back to Wisconsin, all in all a very painless transaction. This is yet again another benefit of the MTF brotherhood. I already have a year’s worth of projects that I can use it for, which means extending the ownership of the GT2550 would make life easier, something I probably will do (heck, I may as well just keep it). More pictures to follow once I have it installed.

Attachments

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I enjoy a good road trip as well. Now, your back home and you have something that will really make tasks easier, and enjoyable! Nice to meet people on the board as well. Congrats on your new loader, hope to see how it all works out

:Orange_tr

·
Case Nut
206 Posts
Nice find. Can't wait to see it on your machine. Before I got my FEL I used to wonder what would I do with one. Then I got one, now I know, what can't I do with my front end loader. Like driving your lawn tractor front tires in the the bucket of the loader and lifting the front end up and cleaning the deck and sharpening the blades. You will love your loader! Good luck!

·
21,405 Posts
Awesome. I don't even want a FEL, but if I had the money I would have bought that one as a collectable.
You don't want one because you never had one. Once you get one, you won't want to part with it. The darned things are just too handy.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Is it made to fit on a 3000 series??? It looks like it is close,,can't tell from the pictures.
I put a bucket on my 3000,,,homemade Johny bucket type,and I use the thing all the time. But it has limits when it comes to lifting height.

You have something really nice right there. It will be very useful.

I have jobs around I still start doing by hand and then think,,,,huh,,my bucket will do this so much easier.:sidelaugh And I go get it,, and the job is done in seconds. I keep forgetting about it and I have had it almost a year.:dunno:

I'll trade you!!:sidelaugh Mine is ready to go for a 3000 series and painted to match.

I want some pics of that thing mounted and working.:fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Yeah, I'd say well worth the road trip. It's much more capable then the JB, plus, if I'm looking at the photos correctly, it looks like it has a dedicated hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'd say well worth the road trip. It's much more capable then the JB, plus, if I'm looking at the photos correctly, it looks like it has a dedicated hydraulic pump.
Yes, it is a dedicated hydraulic system, taking power from the rear side of the PTO output through a short shaft with a flexible coupling at the pump. The whole set up is well thought out with only 8 holes drilled for 4 mounting tabs to be bolted to the frame, and they can be left in place. Another structure is bolted in place of the front bumper and that’s it for prep. Accordingly, R&R only requires one bolt – through the two input shaft sections - to be done up, with the four mounting points for the loader sub-frame and the forward braces being secured with 6 pins and clips. It is very slick.

Previous owner blown 4pt3 suggested that I might want to re-route the return line as it gets a bit close to the frame and I will do that. He was also thinking about a Cub yellow paint job and I like that idea too. But that will have to wait until the winter – it’s got some work to do first.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You don't want one because you never had one. Once you get one, you won't want to part with it. The darned things are just too handy.
My neighbor has a MF scut with one and I have a ford 5000 in the family with one as well. My 3000 is for yard/garden tasks. I would hate mowing with that on and if I had to take it on/off I would never use it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes, it is a dedicated hydraulic system, taking power from the rear side of the PTO output through a short shaft with a flexible coupling at the pump.
What make/model is that pump? I'm interested in having an aux pump for some projects. I have the details on the one that comes with tiller and I'm wondering if that's the same one.

·
21,405 Posts
What make/model is that pump? I'm interested in having an aux pump for some projects. I have the details on the one that comes with tiller and I'm wondering if that's the same one.
The pump for a GT loader will flow something less than 6 gpm. At 1500 psi, that's less than 6 hp. A bit light for a GT tiller.

You have to match the pump to the motor for the tiller, or whatever, to get the correct output rpm and horsepower for the task.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, no tag on the pump. The parts list only says "304-L Pump", no other detail. Sounds from the above post like maybe a loader pump is not the right choice anyway. Cheers!

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Good to see everything traveled as I had hoped it would. It was also nice to meet you in person. If you ever have any questions, you know where to find me.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see everything traveled as I had hoped it would. It was also nice to meet you in person. If you ever have any questions, you know where to find me.
Yes it went well. I made a few stops into Indiana and around Chicago to make sure everything stayed tight and it did. The extra red straps I put on at your place did not like the rough edges underneath the trailer, but it was no big deal as the ones you put on just needed a pump or two. At least until just north of Milwaukee when I saw something trailing in the mirror and found one of the ratchets bouncing on the ground - explains why that pickup backed off so abruptly! It was cut by the bucket edge. I pulled off at an exit where there was a Cabela's and picked up a couple more.

One again thanks for all, I will probably need to take you up on your offer of advice once I start using it. I am working out tire upgrade options and looking at how I am going to weld up extensions for the rear weight at the moment.

Hope your trip is going well - looking forward to seeing your new toys when you get back.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had been planning on getting a Johnny Bucket for the GT3235, but the recent “Let’s see your FEL’s” thread had got me thinking differently. I had actually been doing some research to figure out if there might be a good FEL to adapt to my tractor, when an opportunity appeared. MTF member and fellow 3000 owner blown4pt3 was putting his last ever sold by Kwik Way (and one of the last made probably), 1 ½ year old Kwik Way FEL up for sale. The wife agreed to give up yet more space in the garage (could not believe that!) and so a deal was struck.

The Kwik Way is now home and I am anxious to get the 3235 back together and get it mounted. The 11 hour round trip was well worth it, as this is one nice unit. Many thanks to blown4pt3, as the loader is in excellent condition, exactly as advertised. Thanks also for preparing it so well for the trip back to Wisconsin, all in all a very painless transaction. This is yet again another benefit of the MTF brotherhood. I already have a year’s worth of projects that I can use it for, which means extending the ownership of the GT2550 would make life easier, something I probably will do (heck, I may as well just keep it). More pictures to follow once I have it installed.
Where in Wisconsin do you live? I live about 1/2 hour from Appleton Wi

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes it went well. I made a few stops into Indiana and around Chicago to make sure everything stayed tight and it did. The extra red straps I put on at your place did not like the rough edges underneath the trailer, but it was no big deal as the ones you put on just needed a pump or two. At least until just north of Milwaukee when I saw something trailing in the mirror and found one of the ratchets bouncing on the ground - explains why that pickup backed off so abruptly! It was cut by the bucket edge. I pulled off at an exit where there was a Cabela's and picked up a couple more.

One again thanks for all, I will probably need to take you up on your offer of advice once I start using it. I am working out tire upgrade options and looking at how I am going to weld up extensions for the rear weight at the moment.

Hope your trip is going well - looking forward to seeing your new toys when you get back.
Once you use that fel you will be using it always for nearly anything. I know I do with mine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,354 Posts
That's exactly why I Upgrading used Instead Of New Can't Be with Out a Good GT Loader and I also can't part with my White GT2055 with Kwik-way Loader. Because the Kwik-way Loaders are just that good:thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 21 Posts