My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I was at the nearest MF dealer to get some parts and they also sell Kubota. I was talking to the salesman and was looking at the Bseries tractors. I was not able to see these when looking for a tractor last year as they were just released and there were none to be had locally.
I took a good look at the 2920 and boy are they constructed differently than the Deere 2320 I have. The rear end and frame are a different design. The Kubota frame is narrow like a spine down the center of the machine and looks really strong and compact at the same time.
I have often wondered why the Kubota's are lighter than the Deeres in the same size small tractor. The frame design is one reason and another is that the Kubota engines have more HP for a given displacement so are probably lighter for a given HP. There seemed to be a lot less clutter under the machine than on my Deere which is a maze of levers,rods, pipes,hoses etc.
I didn't look under the hood but the chassis sure was different from what I am used to. Nice machines. The dealer had all Kubota in the compact size tractors and all MF in the big ones. This is probably a good mix to serve everones needs.

Cheers
Brian

·
USAF Retired
158 Posts
I think the Kubota intent is to keep things as simple as possible. Hence they don't have the electric pto engagement they use the clutch and lever, still use analog hour meters and like you said not nearly as many linkages and connections as the Deeres have. I really agonized over choosing between the JD 2320 and the Kubota B2620 and in the end the Kubota won out for ergonomics, 3 range transmission, simplicity, Dealer (even though the closest Kubota dealer is 80 miles away and the Deere dealer is only 5 miles away) and lastly and definitely leastly was price. I have yet to regret my decision. :sidelaugh

Troy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Troy

In my situation it was hard to beat the service and price combo offered by the Deere dealer. I had been dealing with them for some time and had a X475 garden tractor that they took on trade. Because of the high Canadian dollar Deere had lowered their prices a lot and on top of that the dealer discounted the tractor and loader. They have since proven their excellent reputation for service, with fair prices for maintenance work and fast turn around times.
My nearest Kubota dealer had no B series tractors and tried to talk me into a BX and did not really seem interested in my business. I called another dealer about 100 miles from here and his price on the then new model B2320 was nearly identical to the Deere price and that was for cash.
I guess I bought at the right time because the Canadian dollar tanked last year and Deere has raised Canadian prices 3 times since last May and my tractor and loader would cost about 2000 more now.
Two things I would change if I could would be a 3 range hydro and a lower ROPS. The ROPS is 88" high so it won't fit in a 7 ft garage door without folding.

Brian

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the B2320, and I think it is a great tractor. No complaints so far.

WB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts