My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, no pics...but Today I took the deck off and pressure washed it, then after seeing all the rust I took one of the Nylon discs and chucked it into the die grinder and went to town, taking all the rust and old peeling paint off the bottom of the deck. I can't believe that only after 3 years the deck is so pitted and rusty. After that I primered and painted the bottom of the deck. I gave it two good coats of primer and two coats of Black Gloss Rustoleum (I thought the gloss would make the bottom of the deck smoother...:biglaugh:)

After letting the paint dry and putting the blades back on I noticed that the anti-scalp rollers (there's five on this deck) wasn't even touching the ground...heck I didn't even notice they were adjustable. I unbolted them and took them down a couple notches so that they'd be at the right height to cut with (never even thought about this deck floating). Slapped everything together and started mowing.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I think this mower does a WOLRD of difference, I let the deck down to where the wheels are rolling on the ground and I can't believe at how different it cuts now. I went on the side of the hill and there's no gouges in the grass at all. I can't say for sure how much better it is, I just cut about 1/10th of it, but I can't wait to see how well it does on the rest of the yard.

Just thought I'd let everyone know....

Matt

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one even has a comment? Thought at least someone would call me an idiot for not knowing that the wheels were adjustable! :fing20:

Matt

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, had no Idea that they were. It really does make a difference in the way it cuts when you let the deck float. I was really suprised. Haven't had a chance to really test it out yet, though...Maybe this weekend I'll give it a good running.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts