My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Regarding this thread http://mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=82776, my girlfriend and I spend almost two hours at this estate sale.

Let me just say, you Lawnboy fanatics would've had a field day!! Parts everywhere, decks everywhere. There must be enough engines and decks and complete mowers to put together about 200. They're piled everywhere. Mowers w/o shrouds I couldn't hope to identify. Engines w/o shrouds I couldn't hope to identify.

And then there's the trimmers galore, tillers, tractors, and more.

I left a lot behind, but took what I felt were the more interesting machines and the most complete of those machines.

I JUST got home, haven't played with them yet.

Here's the pics in no particular order:

What made the drive partucularly worthwhile! The (1954?) model. NOT an RPM though. Not sure if the tank is original.

The tank on that commercial doesn't appear to be original. That's a brand new cast deck beside it, in green.

Super Commercial, 6277. He didnt even know it was there, it was underneath a bunch of other things.

:)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow. Looks like it was worth the trip.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
WOW Very nice.

Is that a brand new deck? I would love to have that

Did you get any pictures of the stuff you left at the place? Very nice finds

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to take my camera with me. There were a couple I didn't want to leave, but they were rough enough, or otherwise missing parts. There was a steel-deck Duraforce that I just wasn't interested in. and one other commercial missing parts of the drive mechanism. The engine was the type in Echoman's avatar...these engines were all over the place, at least two of them were attached to steele-decked Mastercraft (Canadian Tire) mowers. They were 100% lawnboy with the mastercraft name.

There used to be a guy who would buy every commercial mower that the owner could find/repair.

That is infact a brand new deck. I guess this deck is in some kind of demand!? I grabbed it b/c the deck of the large commercial is cracked.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ad was on kijiji

Here's the additional pics he sent me

Believe me when I say these machines I brought home need work.

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
Who was it that had that rare 4-square commercial Lawn Boy on Ebay a short while back? That brand new deck looks like the same one. If I remember correctly his had a hold in the deck too...

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
"The engine was the type in Echoman's avatar"

Sounds like a bunch of 'burban' models. Woulda been cool to score a few of those. Looks like a good day for you Coop!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the one on the left here is missing the carb and it's missing the on/off switch. The one to the right is missing the open-top shroud I've seen on others (and seen missing on others), can't tell where it would've fastened on. The deck is a little damaged, but, well, you know.

The one in the middle here works. Put a bit of gas in it, primed a few times, and started in 4 pulls. I stopped mowing to have dinner, and then it wouldn't restart.
The one to the right will likely start, but I need to look at the recoil spring. It's electric key-start (with the key)...should there be a place to put a battery?
The one to the left I picked up only because it has the recoil whereas one of the others is missing the recoil. It does turn, whereas the other one is stuck.

The one on the left is missing the on/off/prime switch, and it's loose at one of the mount bolts. Perhaps the deck is damaged, dunno yet.
The one in the middle is seized and I think it's missing everything on the carb side of the engine. Again, I'll have to make one of 2 or one of 3. I picked it up because I like the deck.
The commercial to the right, i'm not sure whether or not it's the correct fuel tank. Engine is complete. The recoil isn't engaging the engine.

I think what i'm going to have to do is start removing the engine/peripherals from the decks, and store them all seperately. At the moment, most of them sit under the deck with bags pulled over the engines. Then I can start pulling engines apart.

There is no hurry, they don't have to run today, or tomorrow, or next week. Let's face it, there's probably a very good reason some of these were stored outdoors.

Overall, the girlfriend and I had a great outing today and it was very calming rumaging through that barn. I left a lot behind!!

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
Regarding this thread http://mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=82776, my girlfriend and I spend almost two hours at this estate sale.

Let me just say, you Lawnboy fanatics would've had a field day!! Parts everywhere, decks everywhere. There must be enough engines and decks and complete mowers to put together about 200. They're piled everywhere. Mowers w/o shrouds I couldn't hope to identify. Engines w/o shrouds I couldn't hope to identify.

And then there's the trimmers galore, tillers, tractors, and more.

I left a lot behind, but took what I felt were the more interesting machines and the most complete of those machines.

I JUST got home, haven't played with them yet.

Here's the pics in no particular order:

What made the drive partucularly worthwhile! The (1954?) model. NOT an RPM though. Not sure if the tank is original.

The tank on that commercial doesn't appear to be original. That's a brand new cast deck beside it, in green.

Super Commercial, 6277. He didnt even know it was there, it was underneath a bunch of other things.

:)
WOW! Very nice finds :trink39: :thThumbsU

Would you be willing to sell that 6277? Or the stagger BT commercial?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Man you scored today! I wish we had sales like that out here in Calif. I like that tan 65 (I believe) on the left. It looks like it is in good enough shape for a full resto.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"The engine was the type in Echoman's avatar"

Sounds like a bunch of 'burban' models. Woulda been cool to score a few of those. Looks like a good day for you Coop!
Not sure, but the label looks right. One was a commercial w/ tank bracket but no tank, and missing parts from the drive system. I probably should've grabbed it anyway, but well..? I think this is it in the pic. There were quite a few of these engine around, a few of them still sttached to silver-painted 4-squrare steel decks w/ Mastercraft on them.

There was one like this, but I can't get excited about the steel decks There was also a similar looking one is much the same condition, with Duroforce on the engine. Again, a steel deck. Probably both working mowers:

No promos, no centennials, no Internationals. There were bricktop mowers,, motors and shrouds for as far as the eye could see.

Seller is going to keep his eyes open for different types of wheels (green, red, steel, etc).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW! Very nice finds :trink39: :thThumbsU

Would you be willing to sell that 6277? Or the stagger BT commercial?
Not at the moment. I hate to sell things, especially unique things that are difficult to replace, before before long, the (mower) is gone, and the money is spent.

However ofcourse, I haven't had a real offer, and you don't know the true condition of the mower, or do I.

I like that tan 65 (I believe) on the left. It looks like it is in good enough shape for a full resto.
It's not too bad. There were ramnants of a few of these.

It's quite unbelievable what was there. If the GF didn't have to be somewhere today, I'd likely still be there.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well, she's truly a keeper if she'll go off with you and share in your hobby.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got around to writing down the model numbers

starting second from left: 19" 5269, 21" 8239AE, commercial 3058, ~1854 8FH11LB, (Buttercup?) 7254, 18" 5000, commercial 6277.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts