My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I picked these up on Saturday, July 8th about 7 miles apart from each other in Sturgeon County AB.
Left - 1976 Sears SS/16 Twin w/ 42" deck and electric 3ph ($250)
Right - 1977 Sears SS/16 Twin w/ 42" deck, 3ph and homemade rear blade ($170)

Both are 100% complete with unbroken nose cones. The '76 twin now runs and drives but it burns quite a bit of oil. The '77 twin reportedly has low compression but the oil is not low which leads me to believe the engine might not consume any. The previous owner of the '76 twin adapted a mikuni snowmobile fuel pump to work in place of the original. I got the engine running smoothly even with the original fibre float. I think the '77 will be used for parts. It's a shame to part out a complete tractor but the others I have are in far better condition, plus there is a lot of money to be made on used Onan and Sears parts should I so choose.

Video coming soon on my youtube channel. Let me know what you guys think.

Lobsterbox

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sweet! Depending on how complete the 3 point is, you might be able to sell it for the price of the tractor! I did that with one of my GT18's.

Also, the '77 is called a 16/6 twin.

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Depending on how complete the 3 point is, you might be able to sell it for the price of the tractor! I did that with one of my GT18's.

Also, the '77 is called a 16/6 twin.
Riiight, I forgot how the naming conventions changed over for that year. Hard to remember without a decal haha. I think I'm going to use the electric 3 point gitch on my GT/19.9 when I get it fixed up, but yeah, those things are worth a pretty penny!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Nice Find!
if you do part out the 77, would you be willing to sell the hood?
Tom

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:eek:mg:electric 3 point hitch:crybaby:

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
i am thinking i will be needing a electric 3pt soon for my tiller omg it is heavy

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
i am thinking i will be needing a electric 3pt soon for my tiller omg it is heavy
Did you see the simple extension I rigged up for my handle? Makes it pretty easy to lift now and I have the wide one, too.

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Find!
if you do part out the 77, would you be willing to sell the hood?
Tom
Yeah, sure. Like I said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it and I haven't found the time to even look at the engine so I'll let you know down the road. Would you be interested in the '76?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts