My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellers, Im proud to say I can add another JD to my sig today. I had a friend call me and he suggested that I come over to this guys house and check out a JD mower he wanted to get rid of. Said it had been sitting out and hadnt ran in the last 5 years. No mowing deck. I was hesitant but went anyways. Never know right?? Well, I get there and I see its a 318. WOOHOO, but still, it has been out in the weather under trees for the last 5 years. No side panels, flat tires in the front, Ags on the rear. Not a dent on it.

Turns out this guy was asked to work on it. Someone brought it to him to get it running. He got it running, called the guy, and he never came to get it. 5 years go by and nothing from the owner. So he decided it needs to go. I bet the PO still has the side panels laying around somewhere but oh well, I know a guy who has some panels and a deck.

Oh yeah, also on the 318 is a front weight bracket, 3pt hitch, and a rear PTO!!!
When I saw all that, I knew it was coming home with me regardless of course price permitting. And since Ive mentioned price, he wanted $200.00 for it. I got him down to $150.00 and then he asked if I would do a package deal on another mower for 25 more. Its just a box store throw away model, I plan on scrapping out but I figure its worth the $25 and it helps this guy get it gone.

I know, We Want Pictures. Well, I forgot to do that with all my excitement, but im going to back to get it tomorrow. Pics galore, have no worries. Hopefully that sitting Onan wont be to hard to tame.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
whats the throw away model?

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, no battery yet. After the pics, it was supper time, and then it poured cats and dogs again for the 5th straight day. Im a little tired of this rain.

Yeah, I plan to run it through the wash a couple times and definitly go over that check list.

The Throw away model is a Lawn Chief 600. Gear driven, opposed twin cylinder(with compression).

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I almost forgot.. No grill or grill emblem...YET

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I almost forgot.. No grill or grill emblem...YET
YET!!!!! Believe it or not, it's not that far away from one. Nice find !!!!!!!!

·
Citizen of Earth
15,299 Posts
......... And since Ive mentioned price, he wanted $200.00 for it. I got him down to $150.00 and then he asked if I would do a package deal on another mower for 25 more. Its just a box store throw away model, I plan on scrapping out but I figure its worth the $25 and it helps this guy get it gone.

I know, We Want Pictures. Well, I forgot to do that with all my excitement, but im going to back to get it tomorrow. Pics galore, have no worries. Hopefully that sitting Onan wont be to hard to tame.
At that price, I wouldn't have been able to take pictures because my hands would have been shaking too much. How did you hide your excitement at getting this? My drool would have given me away for sure.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice find and at a great price. slkpk

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Wow great find congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts