My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wrench Turner
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up today at a local auction for $55 Montgomery Ward GardenMark 10. I don't know what (Brand) section the tractor belongs in so I thought I would start it off here.

It had a dead battery so I hooked up another and the motor spun over freely, but I did not want to start it until I check over a few things.

Any help, such as year, original manufacture, engine make, etc. would be great also if any one who might have a owners manual I would gladly pay for a copy. Thanks

I picked the cultivator up at the same auction for $25.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I believe that Simplicity made that Garden Mark for MW.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
what does the grille look like?

·
Wrench Turner
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i think motomower too

·
Wrench Turner
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any idea on the year it was made.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Its prolly a EARLY 60s tractor.

·
Wrench Turner
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am kinda new at these vintage tractors, I been searching high and low for the engine make all i can find is wards power kraft, is this a briggs, kohler i have no idea ? I would like to replace a few things but have nothing to go on.

I am planning a restoration with the rustoleum hammered gold spray bomb with white seat and rims.

I a also in the hunt for a nice looking set of front tires for it, 4.80 x 4 x 8 any ideas where to get them ? I am planning to keep the rear tires as they hold air well.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
I am kinda new at these vintage tractors, I been searching high and low for the engine make all i can find is wards power kraft, is this a briggs, kohler i have no idea ? I would like to replace a few things but have nothing to go on.

I am planning a restoration with the rustoleum hammered gold spray bomb with white seat and rims.

I a also in the hunt for a nice looking set of front tires for it, 4.80 x 4 x 8 any ideas where to get them ? I am planning to keep the rear tires as they hold air well.
Tri ribs or boat trailer tires. Tri ribs off ebay with tubes shipped for around $70 a pair. here on ebay

I have these on my ss16 and i love them!!!

Tractor-Holic, how do the trailer tires do in the snow? i may buy a set as a spare.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
They skid sideways some,but that might be due to my Suburban having all the weight in back,when your pushing heavy snow the plow tends to lift up the front end some and you'll skid sideways instead of turning,unless you pull up on the plow blade a bit..I usually do most of my plowing straight ahead because no matter what tires I had up front they tended to skid instead of steering..the trailer tires are much better than wider stock turfs up front being skinnier,but I may still wrap some roller chain around mine to aid in steering control...I've never tried tri-ribs,but I bet they steer good in snow..

I never did get around to trying the 13" car studded snow tires on 5 lug trailer rims yet,I didn't load them with fluid,and still have to figure a way to mount the wheel weights to them,they are white spoked wagon type rims..I'm curious how they will work without chains,I'm not sure chains will clear the fenders,they are pretty close without any!..

By the way I got your PM GT-80,(but haven't answered it yet!)--I do still have the pair of 6x12" AG's on skinny 12" 5 lug rims..saw them yesterday BURIED in the rear of my shed!..not sure if I'll ever use them or not,they have been there at least 15 years when I took them off my Bush Hog tractor when I sold it!..they are in good shape,didn't see any cracks..I'm not sure what brand they are but I'm thinking they are Goodyears,I'd have to look to be sure..hate to part with them but I need money more than tires and rims I might never use--.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
They skid sideways some,but that might be due to my Suburban having all the weight in back,when your pushing heavy snow the plow tends to lift up the front end some and you'll skid sideways instead of turning,unless you pull up on the plow blade a bit..I usually do most of my plowing straight ahead because no matter what tires I had up front they tended to skid instead of steering..the trailer tires are much better than wider stock turfs up front being skinnier,but I may still wrap some roller chain around mine to aid in steering control...I've never tried tri-ribs,but I bet they steer good in snow..

I never did get around to trying the 13" car studded snow tires on 5 lug trailer rims yet,I didn't load them with fluid,and still have to figure a way to mount the wheel weights to them,they are white spoked wagon type rims..I'm curious how they will work without chains,I'm not sure chains will clear the fenders,they are pretty close without any!..

By the way I got your PM GT-80,(but haven't answered it yet!)--I do still have the pair of 6x12" AG's on skinny 12" 5 lug rims..saw them yesterday BURIED in the rear of my shed!..not sure if I'll ever use them or not,they have been there at least 15 years when I took them off my Bush Hog tractor when I sold it!..they are in good shape,didn't see any cracks..I'm not sure what brand they are but I'm thinking they are Goodyears,I'd have to look to be sure..hate to part with them but I need money more than tires and rims I might never use--.
well, if you want think of a price.. I am pretty broke too, but can't pass up good deals :) and are they 6x12 or 6.00 x12?

·
Wrench Turner
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone know who could make some replacement vinyl decals for the old MW, I live out in the sticks and we don't have a decal makers locally.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts