My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank Kbeitz and Nouveau ******* for the offers and a place to stake our tents. I don't often ask for things but I really appreciate the kindness of people on this forum no matter what it is someone will help if they can. Like if someone needs parts and can't find them, some others will give the part to that person and if info is needed there is someone to give it and that is the way a good forum should be with the members and friends we make here...Obviously nothing is free in this life, but a little help goes a long way..Thanks too all and thanks too those that want too help, but can't.later

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,652 Posts
Just be real careful if you start hearing banjo music at 2 in the morning:hide:

Be safe, sounds like a great trip.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts

:ROF :ROF :ROF slkpk

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts

C'mon now Khodges. Just went all the way across WV on the backroads and didn't hear a single fiddle or banjo.

I did stop to fix a flat at one point and the whole town came out to help me. Neither one of them had on shoes.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fiddle or banjo I think all people are good. I just hope I don't have any problem I'm riding a old 1976 cb550F he has a new Honda 750 shadow, but my bike I have had 23 years but it should be Abe to handle the ride now me that's another storey. I have my leg problems and back but I'm just going to have to deal with it just trying to make this ride to help my brother-in law have a safe trip my wife is have A COW well to bad and really thanks James

·
Registered
665 Posts
C'mon now Khodges. Just went all the way across WV on the backroads and didn't hear a single fiddle or banjo.

I did stop to fix a flat at one point and the whole town came out to help me. Neither one of them had on shoes.
Dogg are you sure you wern't over here in Kentucky????

·
Registered
748 Posts
D-Dogg and Dirtsaver, have made several trips to Florida and made it a point to take a little time going one direction or another to hit some of the side roads and get of I-75. Even made round about into west virginia and virginia. All three of these Kentucky, Virginia and West Virginia have some fantastic views that I really enjoy. Spent about 4 days camping at a campground that was partly in West Virginia and partly in Kentucky, I believe it was called the Breaks national
park.

·
forkz
6,074 Posts
luv that fiddle n banjo listenin to them now

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kbeitz and Nouveau ******* well the trip is not going to happen my bike is down i have a charging problem and cant find parts in need to fixs it without going over my cash flow, it will cost between $150 to $500 dollars i trying to get it fixs but i could break out the old rig frame harley but i'm not gong to, my back would be so sore thanks for the offers james

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i dont know whats bad it could be alternator or rectifier or voltage regulator the bike is not charging the battery motorcycle shop wants $75 to tell me what wrong like i said i dont trust them they sold me a rear tire that was 12 years old as new kevin do you have a cb550 around you place thanks james

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Our local junkyard has bikes... If I see one I'll pull the charging system off one for you...

·

I did stop to fix a flat at one point and the whole town came out to help me. Neither one of them had on shoes.[/QUOTE]

And we're **** proud of it. They probably fixed your flat, offered you
something to eat, and generally made you feel welcomed.

I've been thru parts of Virginia where if I had a flat, I would not have
rolled the window down, much less left the car until the police showed
up! :ROF

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts

And we're **** proud of it. They probably fixed your flat, offered you
something to eat, and generally made you feel welcomed.

I've been thru parts of Virginia where if I had a flat, I would not have
rolled the window down, much less left the car until the police showed
up! :ROF[/quote]

WVDeerehunter, in one small town, an older gentleman on the front porch of the general store gave my 5 year old daughter a homemade toy.

I have found that while traveling, a traveler with good manners is always received well by his or her hosts. And I've been to a lot of places, both foreign and domestic.

As for VA and D.C., yep we have our share of trouble, but as I pointed out to one of our Canadian neighbors, we have about 10,000 people per square mile here. Crime is going to be more evident.

Now oddly enough, when I first came out here, I got lost in D.C. at night. Let's just say a big 4WD pickup was out of place in the neighborhood in which I stopped to ask for directions. Three young men hanging out at the corner asked "You're lost aren't you" . I got directions back to the interstate and was on my way.

We're planning a couple of WV trips this summer just because I can get there without fooling with the interstate and all the traffic, and the attractions beat many of the more popular places.

·
D-Dogg,

You're always welcome here. :thThumbsU My little brother
was mugged on his 6th grade trip to DC. Stole
all his money, camera, everything (also the two
buddies he was with). This was right outside the
Smithsonian...in 1975.

Later
Steve

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Hi jack warning.....
This talk of DC got my memory banks working again. Back in the day I lived in a blue collar community of SE DC called Anacostia. It was actually a very nice community back then. Good Hope Rd & South Capital St were lined with successful and plentiful businesses, the side st's and ave's were lined w/homes w/well kept lawns and you could leave your front door unlocked as well as the keys in your car. By the time we "escaped" to just outside the Beltway in PG county it wasn't so nice. Then it too got worse.

Increased population definitely increases tensions. When you hear the media give warnings that the violence levels are gonna rise with the temps you just know theres something that just ain't right......

Back to yoru regularly scheduled thread :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts