My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a loader even since I got my 2305. I couldnt afford one when I bought the tractor, but I'm thinking about getting a 200cx now. Down here in NZ they are very expensive - over 4k USD.

My question is how useful will I find it? I have a long gravel driveway which I maintain with a box blade, about 2.5 - 3 acres of manicured grass which I mow often. I've got a couple of wooded areas which I dont really do much with currently.

Any comments or suggestions on how you all use your loaders would be great. I'm trying to make a sensible decison even though 'I do just want one'

Thanks.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
So do toilets really flush clockwise in NZ?

Anyway, how useful would you find a device that replaces your shovel?

I use mine all over the place for everything. Turning the mulch pile, leveling and back grading, entertaining the kids, you name it. Hauling mulch, firewood, loading the truck, pushing over small saplings.

Just do it. Plant your wife a flower bed as your excuse.

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
smeagol, I would not get a tractor without one. I think the
uses are infinite.:trink40:

·
USAF Retired
158 Posts
Right now I use mine all the time. I am establishing a yard, driveway and I am landscaping my place as well. I move dirt, level dirt, move gravel, level gravel. Once I get this project done then my loader will come off of the tractor and it will probably get very lonely except for when the need arises to manicure the driveway again or change landscape decore. It only replaces the shovel when you need LOTS of shoveling and you have the space to work in. There are defintely times when there is no substitute for the back breaking shovel unfortunately. I would say that if you have not truly NEEDED it to this point then it is probably definitely a WANT and you will have to decide if your want is worth funding! If you can afford it then I would get it and see what kinda projects you can think of to help it earn its keep :fing32:

Troy

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,578 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
As D-Dogg mentioned, let me count the ways....
It is even fun to just take it off and on IF you ever run out of things to do with it. Just remember proper ballasting.

Take Care,
Jake

·
Registered
16 Posts
As the others have said, the front end loader is amazingly useful. I knew I wanted one, but I have found ways I never dreamed of to use it.

I welded on a trailer hitch receiver to the top of it, and I use it to quickly move trailers around. I can now shoehorn my boat perfectly into my shop.

I also welded chain hooks onto it, and I use it as a mobile hoist. I have not gotten pallet forks for it yet, but I used it to unload my gun safe by wrapping a chain around the safe and gently positioning it.

Probably the thing I use it most for, as previously mentioned, is a diesel powered wheelbarrow.

Good luck on your decision, but I suspect it is already made. Have fun with your new loader when you get it:thThumbsU.

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
I use one on a kubota bx24 and it is the most useful attachment. haul things in it, scrape and level etcc etc etc

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Even when your not using it, it's nice to know you have it when you do need it. slkpk

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Thanks for the idea Mark.

I don't need to break a bead at the moment, but you know what? I'm going to mount some tires and lift the engine out of my MTD this weekend just because you mentioned it.

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I have never seen loader arms that long in my life! Could you imagine the amount of ballast required just to lift a full bucket of crushed stone!?!?!

As far as loader uses, all of the above cover them quite well. My short answer is that I use it for everything. I can't image life without it now.

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck on your decision, but I suspect it is already made. Have fun with your new loader when you get it:thThumbsU.
Ha ha looks like you were right, I ordered the 200cx and ballast box this morning. Should be fitted week after next.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts