My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I have a YM2000 with the "rice" tires and wish to change to some normal ag tires. The tractor will be working on some slopes on our property so I would like it to have a wider stance and maybe lower the center of gravity some. Are there any suggestions for tire and wheel size, like some wider 16" or thereabouts? I'm guessing the rear bolt spacing is 6 by 6", I'm not sure of the front is (4 by 6"?). I want to be able to pick up some used wheels to do this, like Kubota or something. Thanks in advance.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Hi JayVin and Welcome to MTF!

Your YM2000, probably one of the best supported tractors, uses metric sized wheels. Fortunately you have 2WD and not 4WD so your tire size and rolling circumference isn't critical. Your question is a common one and many have found and made the change.

The best, closest gray market dealer is Buck Bond at: http://www.efcconstruction.com/ in Richland WA.

Buck should have either the wheel tire combinations or the measurements you need to make the swap.

I hope this is helpful.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far the recomendations are for axle extensions and custon made wheels. These are proving to be very expensive. I know Yanmar had an option for turf wheels but I suspect that they are very rare. Does anybody out there have any? How about rear wheels from another tractor mfg, such as John Deere or Kubota? But I think the turf wheels would be the best if I had a choice. I would like to hear what others have done.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
........ How about rear wheels from another tractor mfg, such as John Deere or Kubota? But I think the turf wheels would be the best if I had a choice. I would like to hear what others have done.

I have a forum friend who put Kubota wheels/tires on his YM240 (identical to the YM2000). I don't know what model Kubota they come off of.......:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mark777, is there a way to find some details on the wheel size or at least what the Kubota model was? I was thinking of visiting some salvage yards to see what I find.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
I'll ask him first chance I get.

I thought I'd toss this out there as I just found out only a day ago...

Aaron @ Hoye Tractor Parts is offering a Turf/Wheel conversion for +/- $900. I have to say it looks sweet on his Dad's recently restored YM1610D :trink40:

Here's a picture:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts