My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the tires back on the ridemaster.

Just some small things to do and its ready for the tractor show.

Here some pics after I got the tires back on.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Looking GREAT wilberj, - rim paint sure has a nice shine...

--------------------------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Nice! Good to go!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,734 Posts
Came out great!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looking sharp, can't wait to se more

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
It is looking nice, Jerome.
Are you going to run weights on all 4-wheels ?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
No offence intended but that is the ugliest most archaic looking thing I've seen In a long time !

Now heres the bad part I want one, what a unique piece of iron you gotta love it.

Looking good. :fing32:

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No offence intended but that is the ugliest most archaic looking thing I've seen In a long time !

Now heres the bad part I want one, what a unique piece of iron you gotta love it.

No offence intended at all I like it when someone talks about my tractors that way. I know you think its cool.

And it's not a bad thing at all to have one, I have 3 myself now.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts

There has been one for sale down by Ypsilanti on Craigs List for most of the summer.
It is painted John Deere colors and doesn't have any implements with it.
The engine is a BKN from the 60's.

He was asking $1000 for it but I see it is now listed for $1200 OBO.
I guess if you can't sell it for a $1000 you may as well ask $1200 ???

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is looking nice, Jerome.
Are you going to run weights on all 4-wheels ?
Yes I will, there going on tonight.

I'll post pics of it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
He was asking $1000 for it but I see it is now listed for $1200 OBO.
I guess if you can't sell it for a $1000 you may as well ask $1200 ???[/QUOTE]

I should try that technique next time something isn't selling:biglaugh:

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What front tires are those and where did you get them? What did you go with on the rear for tires?
Front's 6.00-16 BKT implement-as504 6 ply rating

The front's Are the only tires I could find for the rims nere me at a local tire store.
There also alot taller then the old ones.

Backs are the 4.00-12 4ply firestones that were on the ridemaster when I got it. Thay were in good shape so I just cleaned them up and put them back on.

Let me know if you need more info about them.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I see the 6 x 16's on titan tire for $70 which is a lot better than those reproduction one's. I also found some rims on there that are either 4.5 or 6 x 16 with a 1 1/4 offset. I know the originals are something like 3" wide. The reason I ask is that mine are in rough shape and I'll need a set of rear rims and maybe two sets of front rims + tires. I haven't measured mine yet so I first need to see if I have 16" rims on the front or 18". BTW, looks sharp!

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see the 6 x 16's on titan tire for $70 which is a lot better than those reproduction one's. I also found some rims on there that are either 4.5 or 6 x 16 with a 1 1/4 offset. I know the originals are something like 3" wide. The reason I ask is that mine are in rough shape and I'll need a set of rear rims and maybe two sets of front rims + tires. I haven't measured mine yet so I first need to see if I have 16" rims on the front or 18". BTW, looks sharp!
If you do anything like I did with the back rims feel free to ask me for help if you need it.

:thanku:

·
Registered
829 Posts
:thThumbsU Looks nice!

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Front's 6.00-16 BKT implement-as504 6 ply rating

The front's Are the only tires I could find for the rims nere me at a local tire store.
There also alot taller then the old ones.
Jerome

Don't those 6.00-16 front tires rub the tool bar mounts when you're turning ?

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jerome

Don't those 6.00-16 front tires rub the tool bar mounts when you're turning ?
Ray

I just got done takeing it for a ride and I did not see the tires hit the tool bar when I was terning. I think I had to much fun rideing it. lol

Would you have a book on the AKN ray? The valves make some noise.

Thanks.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Ray
I just got done takeing it for a ride and I did not see the tires hit the tool bar when I was terning. I think I had to much fun rideing it. lol
Would you have a book on the AKN ray? The valves make some noise.
Thanks.
The Ridemasters came with 5.50-16 front tires.
The outside ends of the traction lugs rub the tool bar mounts on any of the Ridemasters that I've seen with the 6.00-16 tires.
Your brand of tires may have a smaller outside diameter than other brands or the profile on the lugs may be rounded off on the ends more.
As far as I know, Miller Tire Company are the only manufactures still making the 5.50-16 tires.

I think the older Wisconsin engines are suppose to have a little ticking noise in the valves.
I have five engines ranging from 1943 to 1955 and they all have that ticking noise from the valves.

The valve setting is: .010/.014 intake & exhaust on the standard valves.
.016/.018 for stellite exhaust valves.

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Ridemasters came with 5.50-16 front tires.
The outside ends of the traction lugs rub the tool bar mounts on any of the Ridemasters that I've seen with the 6.00-16 tires.
Your brand of tires may have a smaller outside diameter than other brands or the profile on the lugs may be rounded off on the ends more.
As far as I know, Miller Tire Company are the only manufactures still making the 5.50-16 tires.

I think the older Wisconsin engines are suppose to have a little ticking noise in the valves.
I have five engines ranging from 1943 to 1955 and they all have that ticking noise from the valves.

The valve setting is: .010/.014 intake & exhaust on the standard valves.
.016/.018 for stellite exhaust valves.

Thanks for the info I'll check and see were there at right now. If there right I'll let them tick away.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts