My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a new tool to the outdoor kitchen last night. I got an outdoor LP griddle. It is a Blue Rhino Razor and it looks very well built. It fits nicely with the Weber grill, the minifridge and the Vision smoker.

Anyway, I have never seasoned a large griddle before. The heat/cool/oil process seems straight forward, and I plan to look for the recommended flaxseed oil the next time I'm at the grocery store. Just wondering if any of you "pros" have any special tips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a wolf range top with a griddle that we use all the time.

First thing is to clean off whatever oil it was shipped with. Probably mineral oil.

Take your cooking oil ( I just use vegetable oil which is usually just soybean oil) and apply evenly to the top using a paper tower. Turn the griddle up to High. The oil will start to smoke. Keep it on until the oil stops smoking then let it cool down. Repeat until it's seasoned to your liking.

After each use, apply apply a small amount of cooking oil.

With my wolf griddle, after use and while still hot, I pour some water on it then wipe it good with a rag or a bunch of paper towel taking care to not get burned. This removes all the stuck on food. I then oil and put the cover on it for next use. If anything gets stuck on good, I get it good and hot, pour on water then lightly scrape with a griddle scraper or any flat metal kitchen tool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts