My Tractor Forum banner

Tinkering !

1011 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  davidg
Hello all. As my title states, I enjoy "tinkering" with up to 30HP compacts and large garden tractors. I have owned and sold many different brands including International, John Deere, Ford, Kubota, Satoh, Suzue, Mitsubishi,and Bolens. I look forward to occasionally communicating with others here on the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Greetings & welome from southern Md. I've got a Yanmar , Iseki & Satoh very happy with them all .

Mike
Hello Mike. Nice to meet you. Looks like you have a nice Beaver there. I had one with a loader roughly a year and a half ago. Have you ever broken a front axle? The one I bought was in need. I located one, installed, played with for a few months, sold it and turned the page :) Was a really neat little tractor. Was surprised by how loud those little 2 cylinders are.
See less See more
Tinkering, Welcome to the forum. :MTF_wel:
Hello Mike. Nice to meet you. Looks like you have a nice Beaver there. I had one with a loader roughly a year and a half ago. Have you ever broken a front axle? The one I bought was in need. I located one, installed, played with for a few months, sold it and turned the page :) Was a really neat little tractor. Was surprised by how loud those little 2 cylinders are.
Mines actually a s-470 3 cyl "Buck" . I just got it recently but so far I really like it . The 3 cylinders are amazingly quiet -even quieter than the 3 cyl Iseki I have even though they both have basically the same Mitsubishi engine .

Mike
See less See more
Looks very similar to the Beaver. The picture is kind of small and I really thought that was what it was. So it is a 3 cylinder? How many horsepower are they? I have only seen pictures of the Buck. Never saw one in real life. I have seen a Bull. Significantly bigger machine.
Looks very similar to the Beaver. The picture is kind of small and I really thought that was what it was. So it is a 3 cylinder? How many horsepower are they? I have only seen pictures of the Buck. Never saw one in real life. I have seen a Bull. Significantly bigger machine.
This is the first one I've ever seen also , It wasn't actually a planned purchase . I did get a manual with it that aparently was printed by some outside company and the way it's set up it is very obvious that the "Beaver" & Buck models were almost identical and shared many components , the obvious difference in the two was the "Buck" had the 3 cyl . According to this manual it a 18 hp . I really like the very small dimensions . It's only 37 1/2 " wide at the sidewall of the rear tires. Here's a few more pics .

Mike

Attachments

See less See more
:Welcome1:

your intro requirement has been met so i will close this. you guys are free to carry on a conversation in the main forum.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.