My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to time briggs 20hp opposing twin. Motor is torn all down and not sure how to set timing. :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey Pine2757, Its real easy to do if you look at the cam in the motor there will be a dot marked on it somewhere find that first....then if you look on the crank there is a metal gear the cam locks into so when the crank turns it turns the cam...there is a dot on there also you might have to wipe off any crud to find it, all you do is line up the two dots and the motor is timed thats all there is too it...if you have any more problems you can P.M. me or just ask on this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot!!! Thats awesome that its that simple. I thought i would have a mess getting it back together. Thanks again for the quick response!! :)

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,168 Posts
Thanks alot!!! Thats awesome that its that simple. I thought i would have a mess getting it back together. Thanks again for the quick response!! :)
I can send you a PDF copy of the Service Manual for your engine IF you like, address below, put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,164 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts