My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
S854
20 Posts
Sable looked to be a beautiful Weim...

It's a difficult decision, but they look to us to do the right thing when the time comes... Thank you, on Sables behalf, for doing the right thing...

There's a reason dogs don't live as long as humans... they're our resume in heaven.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. Their time with us is short, too short. I know my 10 year old Shepard got a few extra treats and a little extra ear rubbing tonight.

·
Super Moderator
11,158 Posts
I'm sorry for your, and your family's loss, Dave. It's not easy losing a pet since they are really members of the family. Taking my dog to the vet for the last time was one of the hardest things I had to do. I actually turned around and drove him back home the first time I tried bringing him. I know that it wasn't any easier for you. The thing I had to keep in mind was that it was the best thing that I could do for him at that point, as I'm sure you're doing now, and rightfully so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Always awful to lose a beloved family member. One of the greatest things you can do for a pet is to give them a peaceful passing to minimize their suffering. I hope someone does as much for me some day.
Growing up, we always had two mutts my mom would rescue from the local ASPCA just a few blocks away. As soon as we had to put one down, my mom would take me back to the ASPCA the SAME DAY day to save another dog. As difficult as it is for some to imagine, saving a new dog is a great way to honor how much you miss the former, and also forces you to focus on something positive and healing. As you know, dogs help us heal.
I was heartbroken when I had to let my Gypsy girl go. I lasted about 4 hours and went to the same SPCA where I got her and brought home Nova who is the light of my life. I can't imagine life without a dog. I'm getting a little older now so my next dog will be a "senior" who will have the best golden years, as few or as many as there are for him or her.

Carol

·
5K and there's still more
6,237 Posts
My condolences on your loss. Lost my cat Taz at 16 years old. It has been a year and I too still tear up about it. For 15 years he would jump on my lap when I was watching TV and drift off to sleep. He's not here any more. I miss him so much. I've had many dogs and cats but none like Taz.
I say the same about my "Orange Boy", I never had such an affectionate friend, waited patiently in the kitchen for me to finish cooking then sat on my lap for as long as I'd hold him. He also followed me outside "helping" me with any project, and would rather be with me in the cold than in a warm house. Would lay on my legs and kept me warm while I was on my back under the truck working on the transmission that Dave also helped me with. Yes we know it's the right thing to do when the time comes. It never gets easier though, in fact it's even harder.
Sorry Dave, it hurts.
I too feel we will be with them again,
one day,
one day

Don

21 - 26 of 26 Posts