My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At church Sunday a friend said his tiller was pouring gas out the carb. I told him to bring it to my house and i would look at it. He brought it this afternoon and it's not a Briggs engine, it's an ICT 208 cc. Where in the world will I find carb parts? I didn't find anything at Sears.

Cannon

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took the carb apart and cleaned it. It's not leaking gas any more but It has to have a little choke to keep from surging. The bowl had a lot of fine rust partials in it. I took it apart twice but apparently I'm missing something. I'm going to take it back to him today and let him try to finish the year with it. If it quits working again I may try a cheapo replacement carb.
Cannon

·
Premium Member
6,754 Posts
Is the inside of the bowl rusty or are rust bits collecting in the bowl?
Depending on which, you might consider checking/cleaning/coating the fuel tank, cleaning the fuel lines & replacing the fuel filter, and perhaps changing the source of the fuel or how the fuel is stored (to reduce the amount of water in it).

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rust was coming from the tank. I did replace the fuel line. It didn't have a filter and I didn't have one that was short enough to use in the available space. I took it to him this morning. It will smooth out on about one third choke.
Cannon I

·
Premium Member
6,754 Posts
Rust is small particles of debris. Carberators, particularly small engine carbs have a bunch of small passages/orifices that are easily plugged by debris.

You NEED to fix the gas tank, or at least plumb in a filter and regularly replace it. Just running it as is, the rust will keep collecting in the carb and plugging it up.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that what your saying is right. But my goal was to get it running because they needed to plow the garden. I told them it was running not fixed.
Cannon

·
Premium Member
6,754 Posts
From the first pic, it looks like there is more than enough room for a small inline fuel filter. I would put one in, as that will minimize any further problems with the carb while he uses it to till, before it can be fixed properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts