My Tractor Forum banner

Tiller...what did I get myself into on this thing

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Oo-v-oO 
#1 ·
Just picked up this tiller (pics below). Someone has really cobbled it up pretty good. Hoping to try and figure out a way to make it work with a sleeve hitch...and would love any suggestions, as this will be the first tractor mount mount tiller I've ever owned. So suggestions and input is always welcome. I'm sure fabbing something to mount to the sh will not be too big a deal, but I think getting the height correct for proper tiller operation will be the true issue.
It appears that someone must have used as a 2point attachment...maybe on an old Case or Wheel Horse?????

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm almost sure that the tiller you have never had an engine on it...

Is it 21" wide?

I bet it's a #917.25246 - they were (I think) the only LT tiller that used a belt drive from the vertical shaft tractor engine.

Got to go get my daughter right now, but I have a .pdf of the owner's manual and I can post some shots of the tiller from it when I get back.

#6 ·
I'm almost sure that the tiller you have never had an engine on it...

Is it 21" wide?

I bet it's a #917.25246 - they were (I think) the only LT tiller that used a belt drive from the vertical shaft tractor engine.
Well,If he's right--I built one and it just didn't have the power needed.I just can't remember what hp.it was,4 or 5hp.maybe.Anyway,here's how mine looked.Just fabbed up a mount,don't worry so much about the depth.It'll get down enough.:trink40:

Attachments

#7 ·
that tiller was driven off the PTO belt off of a mid 80's tractor. Never had an engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.