My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this tiller (pics below). Someone has really cobbled it up pretty good. Hoping to try and figure out a way to make it work with a sleeve hitch...and would love any suggestions, as this will be the first tractor mount mount tiller I've ever owned. So suggestions and input is always welcome. I'm sure fabbing something to mount to the sh will not be too big a deal, but I think getting the height correct for proper tiller operation will be the true issue.
It appears that someone must have used as a 2point attachment...maybe on an old Case or Wheel Horse?????

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those arms look like the bail from the older style Sears sleeve hitches. The bail pinned to holes on the side of the tractor's hitch plate.

It looks like the tiller was set up to pin right to the hitch plate.

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's an interesting observation, I wonder what they used to lift/lower it? hmm...may have to pull the sh off and see how it lines up.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I'm almost sure that the tiller you have never had an engine on it...

Is it 21" wide?

I bet it's a #917.25246 - they were (I think) the only LT tiller that used a belt drive from the vertical shaft tractor engine.

Got to go get my daughter right now, but I have a .pdf of the owner's manual and I can post some shots of the tiller from it when I get back.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I'm almost sure that the tiller you have never had an engine on it...

Is it 21" wide?

I bet it's a #917.25246 - they were (I think) the only LT tiller that used a belt drive from the vertical shaft tractor engine.
Well,If he's right--I built one and it just didn't have the power needed.I just can't remember what hp.it was,4 or 5hp.maybe.Anyway,here's how mine looked.Just fabbed up a mount,don't worry so much about the depth.It'll get down enough.:trink40:

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
that tiller was driven off the PTO belt off of a mid 80's tractor. Never had an engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts