My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone find large frame tiller tines?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I haven't found a good source for them. I got a couple thrown in with my 1886 that I plan on selling. I normally just weld material back onto the tines if they are worn down.

Jason

·
Registered
102 Posts
From an older thread:

http://cleancutter.com
Go to "Catalog" then "Search here for Tiller Blades", then "Alphabetical Order" then go to "B" for Bolens. I have not purchased these tines, but they look like a match for my tube frame based on the .pdf drawing specs.

I hope this helps,

Bob Meeker

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Thanks Bob I had lost that link. It will be useful as I re-do the tiller.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bob I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Aren't the large frame and tube frame tiller tines the same?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aren't the large frame and tube frame tiller tines the same?
Well tha is good to know I will call and order a few, see how they work and if OK will post on here and order more.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The blades that they list for a Bolens are to thick and the bolt hole centers are wrong. I even went so far as to download a full size pic and laid my old blade on it and the centers are off by 3/16". The lenght is OK.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
What is the width of the original Bolens blades? Would the 2 3/8 width interfere with each other?

bolt hole centers on the Clean Cutter blades are 1 1/2 inches. I have not measured mine, but a hole center distance of 1 11/16 or 1 5/16 seems really odd. Of course, it is an older tiller and it might have unique dimensions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmm. They definately are about 1/16" too thick (I never bothered to check), but they seem awfully close to my tube frame tiller spacing.

I also wonder why Bolens wouldn't use a round number like 1.5". I get anywhere from 1 1/2 to 1 9/16". Does anyone happen to have any factory prints for this one (long shot)?

Meek

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm. They definately are about 1/16" too thick (I never bothered to check), but they seem awfully close to my tube frame tiller spacing.

I also wonder why Bolens wouldn't use a round number like 1.5". I get anywhere from 1 1/2 to 1 9/16". Does anyone happen to have any factory prints for this one (long shot)?

Meek
I thought my old eyes were deceiving me but I am seeing that 1-9/16" also. I was wandering around on the tiller blade site and found a Gilson that is very close. It would not surprise me if Gilson was making tillers for Bolens.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the good news is that I called the company and they said if I could send them and old tine they could maybe match it up. We never know what company's will do unless we talk with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts