My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Howdy Tom/Sixchows. That is what I have. The "Rear sleeve Craftsman 8 hp tiller." I bought it from a guy along with a dozer blade (both were as new). Blade hadn't been used at all and the tiller had maybe two hours on it. He decided he wanted a bigger setup. I paid him $600 for both. After all the crap with Sears I went online and got this in three days. I have added rear dir covers, hourmeter, chrome, and red/white/blue pinstriping. I don't like the pull behind because of the room problem. With this you just back up, drop it, and till.

John, Jody, & Greg; if the pics work I did it :congrats: if not put the knots on Jeannie's head :00000060:

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Well Sam they work just not like you wanted it to. And no I'm not putting knots on Jeannie's head ROF When you go to photobucket use the 3rd line that has the

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Sam -

If you've got a Photobucket album set up click on the bottom option and your pictures will appear in your thread. See my Cheat Sheet in "Site Questions".

Oh, couldn't see the darn tiller for all the diamond plate and chrome.

What the heck are you posting for? Ya ought to have Jeannie up at Jerry's for breakfast.

ED

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Nice looking set-up Sam. I agree on the pull behind implements. It is alot easier to lift and go than a major maneuver to get turned around... No chrome stack yet?????

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Jody . I am really S O R R Y to tell you and A L L the other great ones on the FORUM , but this time ( JEANNIE REALLY DID SEND THEM AND YOU GOTTA
:00000060: GIVE HER A REAL BONKER. After all that ( ED ) did say he always thought JEANNIE WAS ONE OF US FORUM GUY'S... LOL... Now I will tell ya'll what she said after she got your message about the BAD PICS....HUM?????
:fing20: OH "NO" THEY ARE GONNA THINK I GOT A REAL "DING-BAT FOR A HUBBY"
Thank's Jody after I told her what a great guy YOU were. ???????Jeannie did make a change on the note that John and Greg sent but she didn't make the change yet. Oh well just look at it this way. TOM ( 911 ) sent a post and said something about the CRAFTSMAN Page was SLOW or something , well now they all have something to talk about.
S O R R Y

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Sam -

Do a right click on this and then click print. That way you'll have a Cheat Sheet next to you as you post. Hope it helps. You'll also find it under the "Site Questions" section.

You can also click on it and do a Save-As and keep it with your pictures or wherever.

ED

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK JODY NOW I KNOW WHY THEY DID NOT WORK....... JEANNIE WAS TRYING TO POST THE PICS WITH THE OLD "TURF TIRES" NOT THEY NEW "AG MUD SLINGER ONES.
SAM

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's ED. Well as soon as JEANNIE get's them THINGS on her head to go down that is just where we are going. Thanks for the help from you and Jody. ( see reply to Jody's message) That Jeannie just called me and said to tell you ( ED ) " IF SHE IS GONNA BE ONE OF THE GUY'S SHE HAS TO ACT LIKE THEM" ) I told her that was great but then she said "ACT LIKE THE DING-BAT ON THIS END.She is gonna be gone all next week .Take her to KF airport I might see if you are not out moveing cow's if we might go for coffee at B.B down there TUE or WED?

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Sam,

Leave Jeannie alone...she's busy sending me dirty jokes via e.mail... :eek: :eek:

ROF ROF ROF

Greg

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Ya got me Sam. What is B.B.? Anyway, we'll give it a shot.

Ya better not let Jeannie go anywhere. Once she sees what the Big City is like, she might not want to go back to Lakeview. Anyway, she won't have any trouble spotting her suitcase because it will be covered with chrome.

ED

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OOPS Ed I think it was another miss wrong things Jeannie wrote. BLACK BEAR OR ANY WHERE YOU WANT . I will get back with you. Do you still have my phone number? Gotta take Jeannie out. Time is running out before we have to lock her up again.
ALL out there have a HAPPY MOTHERS day.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Ed. We need all the help we can get. May have to enlarge it a bit or put on the reading glasses though. We appreciate it. We're on our way now. We might have to put the chrome pontoons on the truck to get up to Jerry's. Sounds like you guys have even more problems with all this rain than we do. Would be nice to see some sunshine for a change! Sam & Jeannie

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Sam, how wide is that tiller? Is it a 30" model? I've checked ebay and there is nothing like that there.

One other thing I am wondering... I wonder how hard it would be to convert the tow-behind to a sleeve hitch setup?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Tom this tiller is the 30" wide 8 hp Sleeve Hitch attachment model number
# 917.242484. The eng on this one is the TECUMSEH-# HM80-155644U and made in 2004. I have been told that SEARS does NOT carry this one anymore but they can get the tow behinde one.( That is one of the things I was talking about when I said I had enough of that crap from SEARS.But I guess I was real lucky when I got this one and the Dozer Blade still in the bow for $600.This is a part of a list of some of the other attachments I got from SEARS( some they don't carry any longer, but you can still sometime find a good clean used on on line, just keep looking they are out there.
SPIKE AERATOR
CRAFTSMAN 16 cu.ft HAUL CART ( been redone to make stronger toung )
GRADER BLADE
CRAFTSMAN BOX SCRAPER/LEVELING BLADE-BOX
CRAFTSMAN BROADCAST SPREADER.TOW
CRAFTSMAN 40'' REAR MOUNT DETHATCHER
CRAFTSMAN GRADER BLADE
CRAFTSMAN 42'' DELUX TRACTOR SNOW THROWER
CRAFTSMAN 38'' LAWN SWEEPER
CRAFTSMAN DISC HARROW X2 HOOKED TOGETHER
CRAFTSMAN 12'' PLOW AND THE CULTIVATOR
TILLER ..500 POUND ROLLER...TWO ELECTRIC ACTUATORS
CRAFTSMANS 48'' DOZER BLADE
AND I HOPE TO HAVE THE JOHNNY BUCKET JR SOMETIME SOON.Well that is enough for now. Good luck with a tiller.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Guys,
Humor a 3point hitch guy.....What's a sleeve hitch? and is that an add on hydro lift on your tractor? Can you post a pic of the hitch system? Looks like a neat deal.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Stumpy, the sleeve hitch is used on garden tractors to facilitate the use of plows, grader blades and other various implements that need to be raised/lowered and cannot be used via conventional hitch on the tractor. I'm at work, or else I'd post a pic or two of mine on my tractor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts