My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have more problems than anyone seems. I, and my equipment, are old. I have 2 computers running Thunderbird for email. Neither of them will receive an email with a Hyper Link in it. I have uninstalled and re-installed on both, have looked thru everything I can find, I have no filters set on either. I only know I got the email because it shows up on my 3rd ancient computer running Outlook Express, best email ever invented. Actually, I think I have complained about this before. Ideas? I have tried some other email but Thunderbird is the least objectionable when it works. Web mail takes too long to come up and I want to keep my 20 year old email address. A son uses Thunderbird and gets Hyper Links OK.
Walt Conner
PS: Yeah, looks like I did ask before and didn't get an answer.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Have you tried Proton Mail? Very secure, in both free and paid versions.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
So it doesn't appear to download the message at all? Who is the ISP (gmail, local isp, something else)?

·
Super Moderator
29,910 Posts
Walt, have you posted your issue in the Thunderbird community? I've never really used Thunderbird before so that is where I suggest starting at.

·
Premium Member
9,738 Posts
Your wine should never have the same name as your E Mail :unsure:

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So it doesn't appear to download the message at all? Who is the ISP (gmail, local isp, something else)?
The ISP is Frontier DSL on all 3 computers and there will be no sign of the message anywhere, Trash, etc. in Thunderbird, one running 7 Pro, the other Windows 10 32 bit. . Only way I know it came is the trusty 20 year old Outlook Express.

Good idea, I will try the Thunderbird forum, guess I didn't realize there is one.

Walt Conner

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,025 Posts
Any chance your anti virus software is not bringing them in or washing them on the 2 PCs that do not display them?
I would think you would get a message though that the anti virus software stopped that email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts