My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a small pic saved as a "thumbnail" by a program I use, but it's actually just a smaller copy of an original jpg pic shown below it.

A simple explanation of a true thumbnail could be, "a picture that is reduced in size to a set value for storage, that when clicked, expands to the original picture size"

When you post an "Attachment" on MTF, you are in essence creating a true thumbnail of your picture of a physical size set by the software. Let's say the size is set at max 150 x 150, like your avatar. If you save a 460 x 240 picture as an attachment, it will be displayed in the attachment window as 150 x 150. When you click on it, it will expand, in a new window, to 460 x 240...it's original size. (left/top attachment)

If the original size of the picture you saved as an attachment is 150 x 150 or less, when you click on it, the picture will be displayed in a new window as that same size. (right/top attachment)

If you save a pic that is already a true thumbnail as an attachment, it will not expand when clicked on. (bottom attachment)

Attachments

·
16,320 Posts
Need some more help, pls.....posted a pic here about an hour ago--thru Photobuket--now it's not there...confused here---how can it "be there"-then be gone---with only the little oops box showing? Where did it go?

Somewhere w/ this photobucket thing, it won't submit a picture from my computer--i save the pictures in a folder, under my pics :fing20: , it won't download them---must be a step oir something I'm missing....

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
glenn27 said:
Need some more help, pls.....posted a pic here about an hour ago--thru Photobuket--now it's not there...confused here---how can it "be there"-then be gone---with only the little oops box showing? Where did it go?

Somewhere w/ this photobucket thing, it won't submit a picture from my computer--i save the pictures in a folder, under my pics :fing20: , it won't download them---must be a step oir something I'm missing....
If you delete the picture from Photobucket, it will be deleted everwhere you have posted it on the web..

·
16,320 Posts
trying an attachment--i'm on a different computer, and I've got to sort thru some pics....did one yesterday on a different computer, and it worked....mmm..let see..

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
glenn27 said:
trying an attachment--i'm on a different computer, and I've got to sort thru some pics....did one yesterday on a different computer, and it worked....mmm..let see..
If the picture is over say 100 kbs it may not go thru..I can resize it

E mail me one...[email protected]

·
16,320 Posts
How about a mixer for a cool drink on a hot day??

Sorry-folks trying some items to see what my pboblem has been....

Attachments

·
16,320 Posts
o.k.--Thanks a lot , Greg...when I PM'ed you the other day and got on here--Ken walked me through it a couple times by e-mail...just haven't had access to that computer where my pics are..
Tks. again....

·
16,320 Posts
Thanks again---what I meant was what format or program on ur computer do you resize ur pics with, and how do you determine the Gif or jpg format??

I think thats been my prob all along---cuz I'm sitting here thinksing that as many pics as Wingnut takes and posts--heck, he'd have to be 110 yrs. old , if it took him as long as me! (head-bang here!)

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Had to try this. Now This picture is 137.7 kb. I tryed to upload on to Members Gallery, upload failed, too big of a picture I read. Anyway, This is my 1967 Jan. build date IH Cub Cadet model 71 with 42" IH push blade.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts