My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the carb linkages to clean the carb and now the throttle plate wont close. In this picture the lower cable is the throttle cable. When I push the throttle control it pulls on the orange spring which is connected to the governor lever. The governor lever is connected to the throttle linkage which is connected to the throttle plate on the carb. When I close the throttle lever the cable moves and the springs relax but there is nothing to pull the throttle closed. Its very hard to explain over the internet but if anyone can give me some guidance I would appreciate it thanks Its a kohler courage 2 cylinder

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would spray every moving part liberally with WD-40, or equivalent, especially the center pivot bolt head.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I assume you can close it by hand, if you can, it's OK. The throttle is always open when the engine is not running, this is how governed idle is achieved. As soon as the engine is started, the governor will close the throttle. If, however, you can't move it by hand, you have another issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts