My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i throttle my tractor up all the way, it slowly wants to drop back. I will have to push it back up to full throttle occasionally. I noticed this when i was mowing some high grass. Is this normal or could something be loose that i need to tighten up? any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
When i throttle my tractor up all the way, it slowly wants to drop back. I will have to push it back up to full throttle occasionally. I noticed this when i was mowing some high grass. Is this normal or could something be loose that i need to tighten up? any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
It`s a common problem caused by wear in the lever pivot.
Simple permanent fix is remove the rivet and replace with 1/4" bolt with fiber washers and a nylock nut. Can be done by removing the battery and leaving the lever sets in place

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I will get out the manual and see if i can identify the lever pivot. (not much experience working on these). I appreciate your reply. If you happen to have a picture of your's, it would be nice to see if in action. sometimes the pics in the manual arent real clear. Or i should say i am not a master of comprehending them. LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I removed the rivet and replaced it with a bolt and a lock washer and nut.Works good now.Stays at full throttle.The throttle cable assembly is around $25 if i remember right.The bolt lock washer and nut is about $.50

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
I drilled a small hole in the lever and bolted a little tab that swings down and hooks on the bottom to hold it at full throttle. Just lift the tab and throttle it down. It works well and is easier than tearing everything down to get at the throttle cable.
Just an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts