My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Thanks all for the help. Hood off, adjusted throttle. Tach now reads 3580 High Idle. One small problem, had the hood setting on a table in the garage, tilted it towards the headlights & 2 small pieces broke off the lower hood just below the grill. Never imagined that leaning it up it wouldn't support its own weight. Oh we'll live & learn! One piece is worth trying to reattach. Anyone know a good glue to use on these?
Please, don't tell me you broke the lower plastic tips off the lower hood...like in the picture here. The photo here show the plastic lower hood on the right at the bottom...right below where the metal bracket like the top brackets in the photo here. The two brackets in the picture here is the ones that bolt to the hood. The other (bottom) bolt to the tractor frame.

The plastic tips I would guess you are referring to, are the one right below the metal brackets. Did you have trouble lifting the hood up? It doesn't take any "weightlifter" to muscle the hood off the tractor.

I don't know any type of glue that will fix a broken John Deere Hood. There is a lower part on ebay for $202.00, and the new ones are $239 to $300.00

Like my Username...Been There... I learn very quickly how to handle a JD 345 hood. I now have cured that problem....I've reinforced all the areas on my 345 hood so the chances it would break, crack is less now. You have to be very careful when mowing that a flock of birds flying over you and their dropping has a 90% chance of cracking the hood.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
The parts that broke were the very lowest, front most part of the hood. Small pieces, the break didn't extend far enough upward to affect the mounting hardware. I reinstalled the hood & it works fine.馃

Registered
The only person I have seen claim to be able to fix a JD hood is 116falconer.
No idea if the fix held up, and I do not care enough to try it myself. If you are not familiar with his videos, he spped them up and sounds like Mickey Mouse.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
The only person I have seen claim to be able to fix a JD hood is 116falconer.
No idea if the fix held up, and I do not care enough to try it myself. If you are not familiar with his videos, he spped them up and sounds like Mickey Mouse.
The piece I would reattach is only a small piece that isn't at a pressure point so I think I'll try something like gorilla glue to hold it in place. The missing piece is visible which bothers me a little so I'll give it a try.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts