My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Gate Keeper
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 X730s and the first one that we bought doesn't seem to be going up all the way in the RPM range like the second one. I am guessing that it needs adjusted a little bit. Anyone got any step by steps for adjusting (with pictures hopefully) or is this something that I should take to the dealer to get adjusted? If it was an older one, I would say that the throttle linkage to the carb needed tightened up a little bit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 2 X730s and the first one that we bought doesn't seem to be going up all the way in the RPM range like the second one. I am guessing that it needs adjusted a little bit. Anyone got any step by steps for adjusting (with pictures hopefully) or is this something that I should take to the dealer to get adjusted? If it was an older one, I would say that the throttle linkage to the carb needed tightened up a little bit.
You'll need a digital tach. If you google you can find the Kawasaki service manual for free. I did this for my x485. Found someone had the throttle cable in the choke cable spot, governor spring was in the wrong spot, etc. Spec for my FD711D was 1450 on idle screw 1550 governed idle 3600 full speed. It had been idling at 210" and full speed was 3600-4000 also was surging a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts