My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
New to the forum. Usually hang out at wfm but ended up getting a economy 1614 tractor. This seems to be the only site that supports them.
Question, my tractor has hydraulic lift and that long bar to the rear that lifts the two rear "swing arms", but no three point hitch lower or upper mounts. Whats the point of hydraulic lift to the rear if there is no three point?
More importantly, would someone be willing to post a picture of the lower three point control arm mounts and possibly some dimensions, including where on the frame they need to be welded and lengths and such. Kinda a big favor to ask from a newbie, sorry. Thanks for the help.
Names Mike.
MP.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,284 Posts
Het Mike,

To answer your first question, the hydraulics are needed (or al least useful) for more than just the three point. There were many implements that were single point mount for these tractors including plow, disk and tiller. Take that bar and direct it toward the front and mount it on the lower portion of the bar that it's presently mounted to and then you're lifting a snow blade or something like that.

I have some pictures of my PK's three point mount that I will have to look up and post for you. We'll start with that and then determine what you need in the way of dimensions.

What's the serial number of your tractor? If i know that I can tell you the year.

·
2,284 Posts
Found them already. Please note, my tractor is a 1983 model and has the hydraulics mounted under the tractor instead of off to the side like I would think yours is. Other than that, mounting is the same.

Well, I guess that's all I can load at the moment due to some technical difficulty that the site is having. I'll try to get more on here later.

·
2,284 Posts
Here's more. We can get into more detail later.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Jas (sorry, couldn't find a name in the sig.)
I reposted one of your photos with a big honkin sloppy black arrow pointed at the missing piece of steel on my tractor.
I guess i'm essentially asking what are the dimensions of this piece, center line (as accurate as need be, i'm not building a space shuttle i know) of the hole on the bottom and how and where this is welded (?) on the frame.
Serial number is 31847. I hear my particular tractor is especially rare as they only made one with this serial number.
Thanks for the help.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jas is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the exact same question!
your pics let me know I am missing the implement brackets!

·
2,284 Posts
OK Mike, I think I see the big honking arrow there somewhere. I will try to get you the dimensions tonight if I can. No promises as I am in the middle of something that's bigger than the both of us. Oh, that was just wrong. Sorry.

Teddy, why didn't you just say you were missing those parts? I know, if they aren't there, how do you know they are missing?

I'll get some better pics too if I can. Please be patient. Busy, busy, busy!

And for anyone who might be interested, names Jeff. I'll have to add that to my sig I guess. Good day gentlemen. Keep it orange!

·
2,284 Posts
By the way Mike, your tractor is a 1974 and you're right, there was indeed only one made with that serial number!:ROF

·
2,284 Posts
OK, real quick, I have the dimensions you need. I'll post the pics that I took later or tomorrow. The bar is 3/4" x 1 1/2" x 7 1/2" long with a hole 3/4" up from the bottom (approx.) for a 5/8" fine thread bolt.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jeff.
No rush on the pictures, but while you are taking them could you get the dimensions of where on the frame i weld those brackets.
I know busy, i'm working on something barely bigger than myself and i have no time, so i can kinda understand.
NO RUSH at all. U've saved me at least a nights sleep so far, so much obliged.
MP

·
2,284 Posts
I think you'll be able to tell where they go but, if you can't from the pics, I'll take another measurement.

Understand now, you are in for quite a project when you do this. The safe way to do it (the only way really) is to disassemble the rear of the tractor totally. By that I mean you have to remove the final drives and rear end. You might want to allow some time for this project.

·
Registered
27 Posts
THANKS JEFF!!!!
And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Are they just welded?

Ya skip! I am In the same boat!!!!!

Jeff when you can, How are they attached!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt (getting some pics of the collection!)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mind the same boat.
Jeff, i'm assuming that they are welded to the bottom of the tubular portion of the rear of the frame. My question is where, as there is about 6 inches from where the rear of the frame ends and where it starts to do its rolling hill impression as it bends around the final drives.
When i mentioned taking your time with the measurements, it was because i had sorta planned to flip the tractor (frame) (and all the associated work involve with making that happen sanely and correctly) to do the welding. I can weld but unfortunately only in one position...
Right now i'm having too much fun driving this thing in circles around the yard and pondering its new pair of shoes.
mp

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jeff or MP
I do a far share of welding.
Is it at all possible to mig then in place?
I have the tools! But want a honest answer! was hoping to have it(the 3point) for late summer! don't want to tear it down(like MP hate having it down, to fun to drive to the neighbors and putt the kids around!!!) for the clutch repair till PRE-winter plowing!!!!!!
Matt

·
2,284 Posts
You're close. The bar sits about 4 1/2" toward the front of the tractor from where the frame ends in the back. That's not to the center but rather to the leading edge of the bar. The bar does get welded to the frame but it also gets welded to a plate that is cut out around the axle housing. This is a weld all around deal. You'll see when I get the pics posted.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
27 Posts
and MP
We can share the paddle, or at least pics!!! LOL

·
2,284 Posts
Success! I found what I need to post these pics. Hope you can make this out because there isn't a whole lot of room. I hope you can at least see the welds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
WELDED ON BOTH PLATES!!!!
Ya, to do that near or close to stock, would be a tear down...
I will give it some real thought!?!?!
Maybe just a rear gusset weld and the weld to the frame will work!?!?!
Matt

·
2,284 Posts
That's up to you but with heavy implements hanging off the back, I would sure want to do it right. I would think it would be worth a tear down to only do it once. While you're at it, seals could be replaced and whatever work done that needs done. Then you are good to go. Heck, may as well paint it while you're at it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts