My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry gentlemen, this may be the 10th time this is started as a thread, but I tried searching to no avail. I have one three point hitch right now, the centerlink looks slightly bent on the threaded rod. I am also picking up another hitch this weekend, missing a center link, so i figured it would be a good time to ask what the best replacement would be? Tried searching tractor supply, probably used the wrong terminology, no luck. Could I just use a big turn buckle from fastenal? I saw an old thread where GT-80 mentioned welding lh and rh rod, looking for a slightly easier solution. Thanks!

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
I think that the 42" deck front arm mounts (that went out to the front axle) used the same ends as the 3 pt center link. If you have extras you could just find some threaded rod.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that the 42" deck front arm mounts (that went out to the front axle) used the same ends as the 3 pt center link. If you have extras you could just find some threaded rod.
Sorry still getting used to all the different parts. You are referring to the older style right? I am currently stripping down my 67 suburban 10, which I have a deck for but no lifting arms. I'm assuming those are the ones you are talking about, as my 77 18/6 has spring type bars? Thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I used a turn buckle on my home made 3 point, It worked good with the plow and held up plus it was only a few dollars.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
23 Posts
umaxman has a good idea for you there. most of the pull comes from the side arms, plow pitch or depth is from the top link. btw, at the tractor supply store here the smallest top link available was cat. 1..... too long for what you need. about 13-16 inches is the adj. length of my center link on my suburban

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
I used a turn buckle on my home made 3 point, It worked good with the plow and held up plus it was only a few dollars.
[/IMG]
Thats what I have on my 3 point as I am missing the center link also. The old style 42" deck like your '67 has, should have mounting arms that go forward to the axle and I think the ends on them are the same as a 3 point center link.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
I searched but couldn't find it. Do you have a part number or a direct link to it?

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
I'll get the # when I go in my garage later on---I saw it listed in the catalog,but cant seem to find it on their website--maybe they sold out of them???...I noticed sometimes they have things online they dont list in the catalog,and vice-versa,for whatever reason..I know they sold out of the larger skid steer radiators they had,my brother was thinking of buying one,but waited too long...some of their stuff flies out the door,and other things they list as "new arrivals" really dissapear quickly,they dont last long enough to get listed as "regular merchandise"...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts