My Tractor Forum banner

Three point hitch center link?

6253 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Oo-v-oO
Sorry gentlemen, this may be the 10th time this is started as a thread, but I tried searching to no avail. I have one three point hitch right now, the centerlink looks slightly bent on the threaded rod. I am also picking up another hitch this weekend, missing a center link, so i figured it would be a good time to ask what the best replacement would be? Tried searching tractor supply, probably used the wrong terminology, no luck. Could I just use a big turn buckle from fastenal? I saw an old thread where GT-80 mentioned welding lh and rh rod, looking for a slightly easier solution. Thanks!
See less
Sorry gentlemen, this may be the 10th time this is started as a thread, but I tried searching to no avail. I have one three point hitch right now, the centerlink looks slightly bent on the threaded rod. I am also picking up another hitch this weekend, missing a center link, so i figured it would be a good time to ask what the best replacement would be? Tried searching tractor supply, probably used the wrong terminology, no luck. Could I just use a big turn buckle from fastenal? I saw an...
See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Northern Tool, they call it a Top Link. Cat 0 is for GT's most generally.
Tractor Supply has them also, search Top Link and they will show up.
http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search?w=top+link&searchButton.x=0&searchButton.y=0
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315627_200315627
See less
Northern Tool, they call it a Top Link. Cat 0 is for GT's most generally.
Tractor Supply has them also, search Top Link and they will show up.
http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search?w=top+link&searchButton.x=0&searchButton.y=0
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315627_200315627...
See more
I think that the 42" deck front arm mounts (that went out to the front axle) used the same ends as the 3 pt center link. If you have extras you could just find some threaded rod.
I think that the 42" deck front arm mounts (that went out to the front axle) used the same ends as the 3 pt center link. If you have extras you could just find some threaded rod.
See more
Sorry still getting used to all the different parts. You are referring to the older style right? I am currently stripping down my 67 suburban 10, which I have a deck for but no lifting arms. I'm assuming those are the ones you are talking about, as my 77 18/6 has spring type bars? Thanks
See less
Sorry still getting used to all the different parts. You are referring to the older style right? I am currently stripping down my 67 suburban 10, which I have a deck for but no lifting arms. I'm assuming those are the ones you are talking about, as my 77 18/6 has spring type bars? Thanks
I think that the 42" deck front arm mounts (that went out to the front axle) used the same ends as the 3 pt center link. If you have extras you could...
See more
I used a turn buckle on my home made 3 point, It worked good with the plow and held up plus it was only a few dollars.
[/IMG]
See less
I used a turn buckle on my home made 3 point, It worked good with the plow and held up plus it was only a few dollars.
[/IMG]
See more
umaxman has a good idea for you there. most of the pull comes from the side arms, plow pitch or depth is from the top link. btw, at the tractor supply store here the smallest top link available was cat. 1..... too long for what you need. about 13-16 inches is the adj. length of my center link on my suburban
umaxman has a good idea for you there. most of the pull comes from the side arms, plow pitch or depth is from the top link. btw, at the tractor supply store here the smallest top link available was cat. 1..... too long for what you need. about 13-16 inches is the adj. length of my center link on my suburban
See more
Thats what I have on my 3 point as I am missing the center link also. The old style 42" deck like your '67 has, should have mounting arms that go forward to the axle and I think the ends on them are the same as a 3 point center link.
[/IMG]
See less
Thats what I have on my 3 point as I am missing the center link also. The old style 42" deck like your '67 has, should have mounting arms that go forward to the axle and I think the ends on them are the same as a 3 point center link.
I used a turn buckle on my home made 3 point, It worked good with the plow and held up plus it was only a few dollars...
See more
TSC does have them. They stock 2 Cat 0 top links. The one you want is the shorter of the 2.
This one right here:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/adjustable-top-link-category-0-short-1000794

I like the sears ones better but these do work just remember you have to get the short one. The regular cat 0 link they sell is too long for some imps.
TSC does have them. They stock 2 Cat 0 top links. The one you want is the shorter of the 2.
This one right here:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/adjustable-top-link-category-0-short-1000794

I like the sears ones better but these do work just remember you have to get the short one. The regular cat 0 link they sell is too long for some imps.
See more
www.surpluscenter.com has a center link that was for a Kubota tractor for about 20 bucks that might be close enough to work...I'd say a good forged turnbuckle should be sufficient too,if you can find one locally..(most of the ones I see in box stores are junk aluminum ones )..
www.surpluscenter.com has a center link that was for a Kubota tractor for about 20 bucks that might be close enough to work...I'd say a good forged turnbuckle should be sufficient too,if you can find one locally..(most of the ones I see in box stores are junk aluminum ones )..
See more
I searched but couldn't find it. Do you have a part number or a direct link to it?
I searched but couldn't find it. Do you have a part number or a direct link to it?
See more
I'll get the # when I go in my garage later on---I saw it listed in the catalog,but cant seem to find it on their website--maybe they sold out of them???...I noticed sometimes they have things online they dont list in the catalog,and vice-versa,for whatever reason..I know they sold out of the larger skid steer radiators they had,my brother was thinking of buying one,but waited too long...some of their stuff flies out the door,and other things they list as "new arrivals" really dissapear quickly,they dont last long enough to get listed as "regular merchandise"...
See less
I'll get the # when I go in my garage later on---I saw it listed in the catalog,but cant seem to find it on their website--maybe they sold out of them???...I noticed sometimes they have things online they dont list in the catalog,and vice-versa,for whatever reason..I know they sold out of the larger skid steer radiators they had,my brother was thinking of buying one,but waited too long...some of their stuff flies out the door,and other things they list as "new arrivals" really dissapear...
See more
The number for that top link was 1-3131 in the catalog....
The number for that top link was 1-3131 in the catalog....
See more
Yup, must have sold out or wasn't listed online. Thanks for checking, anyway.
Yup, must have sold out or wasn't listed online. Thanks for checking, anyway.
See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.