26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
iowa said:
isn't there a filter
attached to the
oil plug used to drain
the engine oil?
iowa
Yes there is, but these 3 are the Fuel Filters.

Many people do not know about the elbow filter in the carb or the in tank filter above the bowl..

The pictures were compiled to help people with fuel related problems..

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iowa said:
dah
wake up dave!!
thanks
iowa
No problem Dave, thats what we are here for!!

I have tons of pictures of N parts and stuff....Post away with any questions that might come up!!

How did you fid MTF ??

·
dd85
209 Posts
The fuel comes from the tank through the square cut hole in the screen, down into the glass bowl, and then the screen stops and dirt, ect. form going up into the fuel line to the carburetor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You just have to remember that the screen in the tank is open ended and you can still get debris into the fuel stand pipes if you have debris floating around in fuel. screen only stops the stuff in bottom of tank. My main was plugged so bad that she would only run a minute or so at a time.

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those pixs are great. That's my next project. My fuel bowl is missing the knob, know where I can get one? Thanks.
Get a new bowl assembly from Tractor Supply or

Check with our Site Advertisers (at the top of the page)

Grand Valley Tractor

Steiner Tractor

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Those pixs are great. That's my next project. My fuel bowl is missing the knob, know where I can get one? Thanks.
make one with a metal slug, a small drill, and a square aor triangle file with flats smaller than the sides.. same with the drill.. use a drill OD that will fit in the 'square' hole for the knob.

metal slug.. nickle, quarter.. piece of 1/4 or 3/16 flat stock and a grind wheel.. be creative.. not but a few minuites of work.. I've made em before..

soundguy

·
Registered
585 Posts
ill have to check em all i had my 47 running good now she wants to run with a lil choke just happened out of the blue cleaned carb and still the same so im thinking shes starving for fuel due to clog somewhere it sat for 2yrs before i got her ill have to post pic its got grove fenders on her but there homemade goofiest looking 8n ive seen

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ill have to check em all i had my 47 running good now she wants to run with a lil choke just happened out of the blue cleaned carb and still the same so im thinking shes starving for fuel due to clog somewhere it sat for 2yrs before i got her ill have to post pic its got grove fenders on her but there homemade goofiest looking 8n ive seen
:wwp: ...start a new Thread and show us what you got..:goodl:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, so some of us aren't so bright...

looking at the filter in the tank on top the sediment bowl, like you all said, it's open at the top and its only there to catch stuff drifting about at the bottom of the tank and keep it form sliding down into the sediment bulb.

OK. so where does the fuel get into the sediment bowl in the first place? via the brass tube that sticks up or through the filter and down around the brass tube? Or is the former 'normal operation' and the latter 'reserve'?

help us newbies figger it out.

thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts