My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my heart set on a rer and see several Murray, Craftsman and more snappers. What would you recommend or stay away from. I want something that's easy to maintain and parts are readily available

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,969 Posts
Have my heart set on a rer and see several Murray, Craftsman and more snappers. What would you recommend or stay away from. I want something that's easy to maintain and parts are readily available
No contest, Snapper RER hands down.

Walt Conner

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I really trust y'alls judgement. I will definitely go the snapper route. Is there anything in particular I need to look for when purchasing one

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm no expert but i have an older one. It looks like the Forest Gump model. You should check to see that the drive disk is in good condition and that the rubber boots covering the rear axle are good.
The next one i buy will be a High Vac as I expect it would give a better cut. They are fun to drive. Mine goes like a bat out of **** in reverse!

Creter

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up a non running sr1028 last week. Im going to clean the carb and see if it'll bust off. I'm glad to be a part of the snappy tribe

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,969 Posts
Well too late now but I was going to suggest lifting on each rear standard and watching for the amount of play up/down in rear wheel bushing. Bushing replaceable iIF not worn into support and axle damaged. Right side play bad news.

Partial answer to above question about standard and "Extra Heavy" Snapper is ball bearings instead of bushings on rear axle, can't think of others.

Walt Conner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts