My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These

what does everyone think about them? theyre 4-ply just like the tru-powers. the tread looks more like the super lug, which i like better.

thoughts? opinions?

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
if their duros they dont match the pic, ive got a set and i like them......THey havent dulled up like the Super lugs did.....getting them from miller tire? I can get u a # of a guy local to me that might be able to beat millers price by a little and he sells them on Rims, BUT miller is a site supporter so u might get a discount because of that!!! always worth a shot!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miller tire as far as i know doesnt carry duro. they look like nice tires toolman!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thats where i found them... im looking at the 23x10.5-12

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts

·
2,456 Posts
huh i got an old catalog here a year ago and its got them, maybe hes stopped carrying them.....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
962 Posts
I believe the deestones are shorter, thats why I went with the duros. At one time I had a pic of deestone,duro, an carlisle all beside each other an the dstones were the shortest of them all. all tires were the same size also......

·
Registered
962 Posts
found the pic, but different than I thought. I remember now, the guy told me they come from the same company, but just a different name stuck on'em

d-stone an duro

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i will get the 6-ply deestones then.. either that or some nice atv tires

·
2,456 Posts
DONT buy the deestone....they arent as wide as a duro...My buddy bought a set of deestones cause they were cheaper and he HATED them......I didnt like how they looked and the side walls where stiff as a board.....BUT its ur money!! not mine just telling ya what id do.....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i will do some further research! thanks for the heads up john!

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Again, I will come to the defense of the Deestones, but my experience is ONLY with the 8.5 wide tires. First, everyone jumps on Dee's to being much shorter than they should be, and at first look when I got them, I was sadden to see they were indeed shorter than the stock tires. However, they DID change a LOT when aired up.

I love the 23 x 8.5's on mine, and granted the 10.5's may not be as good of a match.... But I want to see a new 10.5 Deestone compared to a stock tire before I would bash them,

Here is my rear tires to see the REAL size's... The tire on the left, is the Deestone before mounting and it was aired up, the right side is the same tire with air in it...

They don't even look like the same tire before they air up...

Just one more.

Edit... ok, just one more because I am a show off and a proud Massey owner!
I think most everyone will agree... this just plain looks good! :fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hm... decisions decisions!!! thanks for your input emt!!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i hope i wont be that proof.. if i spend that much money, it better be a **** good tire

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
If you do get the Destones, all I ask is you take a photo set like I did so I can have a copy... If they are small, fine... but every time the brand name comes up it get's bashed as being so much smaller (even when I asked about my size) It just was not the case with my tires.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts