My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a few stops in my quest, I actually found a local guy that has an 8073. He says it is in mint condition, just had it serviced, as the bagger attachment and a spare coil. He says it runs great. I really don't know anything about it other than it has an F engine and I think it is a SP model. I was really looking for something with an E set up to mulch (I think this is setup to side discharge?). Can this be converted to a mulcher (how much?) and what are the thoughts on this particular model? He wants 200 dollars for it + all the associated stuff.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
pretty much any stagger wheel model can be changed to mulch with a mulch plate.

Like indy said F engine capstan drive and steel deck. Not many people are a fan of the capstan drive(i dont mind it) and the steel deck...

Id say 200 is overpriced...

·
Registered
890 Posts
pretty much any stagger wheel model can be changed to mulch with a mulch plate.

Like indy said F engine capstan drive and steel deck. Not many people are a fan of the capstan drive(i dont mind it) and the steel deck...

Id say 200 is overpriced...
I agree, not for a steel deck capstan drive model. If your going to spend that much on a mower, you could probably get a 10323 or similar model with all the mulching and bagging accessories on ebay for around $200. The 10323 and similar models are steel decks, but have a much loved tranny, mulches like its going out of style and has quite a bit more power under the hood. Not to mention it would be several years newer than the 8073.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I figured 200 was on the high side for that model. I don't really care about SP at all on a lighter model. I hardly use it on my JD unless I'm just dead tired. A few of the fine folks on here have offered to sale me other models, ship them, arrange transportation, etc, but this is the first local model I have come across since April. I'm getting to the point where beggars can't be choosers. I wanted an E engine, almost had a 10247 from the Little Rock area, but just couldn't do it. I probably will pass on this, but I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts