My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across the nicest used garden tractor I have seen. It was owned by an older gentleman who really loved it. It is a Toro 270H with a Kohler Pro engine, 48 inch deck and snowblower. It has electric lift. This outfit is clean and has about 400 hours. I know nothing about these, and am looking for opinions both positive and negative. Guessing it won't last long, so would appreciate advice ASAP. Thanks

·
546cowboy
193 Posts
I picked up a 269H a while back and it is a really nice tractor except it was missing the hood. I had to replace the hydro drive belt and the electric motor for the lift was missing. I did find a motor on Ebay and I really like the tractor. Mine has a 52" deck and I have a 48" plow for it.
If you are used to working on the older Wheel Horses, these newer ones are more complicated to work on so keep that in mind if you plan on working on it yourself. Seems like most repairs involve removing more parts to get at the part you need to replace or repair. That drive belt was a real bear to change and the local dealer was glad I was going to do it.
Also there are fewer parts out there to choose from when you need something. If you do find used parts people think they are worth almost as much as the new parts.

All that said, they do have all the bells and extras, foot control hydro, cruise, electric PTO, lift, maybe P/S and the one I have mows great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just remember it is light duty, not a older heavy duty garden tractor, they are great mowers and light snow removal with a plow, or a blower, if you don't use it like a bull dozer it should last for years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts