My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The throttle on my x485 won't stay up at full throttle. I have to push it back up every few minutes. How do I adjust that?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Not sure if its the same or similar throttle assembly, but I had the same issue on my GX345. There is a big nut on the side of the throttle assembly that can be tightened to adjust the amount of friction on the throttle arm. It's been a while but I thought I was able to get a box end wrench on it to tighten by just opening the hood.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if its the same or similar throttle assembly, but I had the same issue on my GX345. There is a big nut on the side of the throttle assembly that can be tightened to adjust the amount of friction on the throttle arm. It's been a while but I thought I was able to get a box end wrench on it to tighten by just opening the hood.
I have the same problem. I hope I can find something like that on my B&S 18 Twin II.

·
2,823 Posts
Just to be clear, the nut/bolt/adjustment you're looking for is behind the dash, where the throttle lever connects to the cable linkage. Tighten for more friction, but not too much. If the nut constantly wants to back loose replace it with a new nylon insert type self locker.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
For those who might need to see the throttle plate, I am pretty sure this is the one from X485. Although small parts on any model can change from time to time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
For those who might need to see the throttle plate, I am pretty sure this is the one from X485. Although small parts on any model can change from time to time.
View attachment 2459882
That's not where we advised making the adjustment.

I believe the OP tightened the nut at the throttle lever behind the dash which is what I did when I had an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts