My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
12,533 Posts
More good stuff from the scap pile. What did the trailer frame set you back?

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More good stuff from the scap pile. What did the trailer frame set you back?

We pulled it on the scale... It weighted 590 lbs... Came to $70.00...
Then he ask if I would pick up something at my job for his can crusher.
I said sure... He said take the trailer.... My cost $0.00
I allways do things for the yard (weld, electrical) and most of the time
my price is $0.00 for what ever I find...
I also look for old batterys and steel to give to them...
I never charge anything for the scrap I haul in...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Wheher we have scrap yards like that around hereor not, I have no idea. But the autosalvage yeard, they don't care if you send them a car for nothing, they still won't reciprocate.

·
Super Moderator
31,892 Posts
We pulled it on the scale... It weighted 590 lbs... Came to $70.00...
Then he ask if I would pick up something at my job for his can crusher.
I said sure... He said take the trailer.... My cost $0.00
I allways do things for the yard (weld, electrical) and most of the time
my price is $0.00 for what ever I find...
I also look for old batterys and steel to give to them...
I never charge anything for the scrap I haul in...
Cant beat that!!! MAN the hard works done allready!!!! Blast the thing, replace a few bearings, toss some deck wood on it, and you got a nice little hauler there!!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Great looking trailer Poncho. We have a single-axle frame away a few years ago after Hurricane Yuan dropped a tree onto the 60's travel trailer. The guy who took it away put some air in the tires, and it rolled away freely. Hadn't previously moved since the very early 80s at best.

Wasn't into tractors or anything at the time so I didn't consider I might eventually have a use for it...or anything to tow it with.

·
Administrator
5,676 Posts
Thats just what I was thinking!!!Would not mind finding one myself. Dont know if I would put anything REAL heavy on it, but a few GT's would be just right!
The cross bracing on those house trailer frames are real light.....I added heavier angle in between each one, so there are twice as many cross braces now...and heavier......I am sure it can take a fair bit of weight, has 3500# axles with brakes

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This one has electric brakes on all four... I'm guessing it's good for 5000 lbs...

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Kevin .. does that junk-yard buy old batteries ?

I have had a real hard time finding any that do anymore .. most dont because of the environmental liabilities

Just the other day I was at the Interstate Battery Wholesale place and saw a sign "Paying .16 per pound for scrap batteries"

I'll be hauling the 20 or so I have stacked up behind the garage this week there this week. :fing32:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts