21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Cool! I am signing on...

·
Parts collector
2,874 Posts
Hello there again--DrB!! Looking thru the pictures here--like the Wrecker restore's--as you knew I would....:tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:

I see those are like Chev/GMC 6500 series.trucks--do you have any problems finding OEM parts from GM--since they haven't made medeium/heavy trucks in years. Reason I ask--a friend has a big Chevy with a dump body on it--and he can't find an OEM steering wheel for it. His is cracked now in several places--and won't pass Stat Inspection here. Otherwise truck in pretty good shape.

Continue on with your projects--WE are here...

glenn
Hey Glenn epoxy and blue painters tape can fix that. :tango_face_wink:

Make a mold out of the tape over fill it and then grind/sand/file it down to the correct diameter with finger groves and all. :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there again--DrB!! Looking thru the pictures here--like the Wrecker restore's--as you knew I would....:tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:

I see those are like Chev/GMC 6500 series.trucks--do you have any problems finding OEM parts from GM--since they haven't made medeium/heavy trucks in years. Reason I ask--a friend has a big Chevy with a dump body on it--and he can't find an OEM steering wheel for it. His is cracked now in several places--and won't pass Stat Inspection here. Otherwise truck in pretty good shape.

Continue on with your projects--WE are here...

glenn
Glnn I took the large steering. wheel off and installed a GM pick-up steering wheel . with the power steering , It steers and drives great

·
10,281 Posts
It takes 9 months for you to remember where you left this thread, Doc?

Not one to panic ever, the old MTF is getting switched over to a new look soon. So don’t be surprised when you have difficulty logging in the next time.

You know, in 2021.

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Parts collector
2,874 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Things have change around here ! I trades the 48 5 window for a awesome little 9-N. the 440 and chassis are just setting for now . I am still building my (ForVette). vette chassis and 56 ford truck body. I will start a build process thread if you like . BUT, I have been on the computer since I woke up , I gotta get out in the garage for now .

Attachments

·
Parts collector
2,874 Posts
Well I see the "new" format and I am not happy............... lost all the side stuff and the link didn't bring be to where I was before. Carry on!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts