My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i just want to tell a little story i work for lowes in the recieving dept. for about 2 to 3 days we kept noticing john deere push mowers being returned 2 of them were js45 and the other 2 were js35 anyway my recieving manager went and looked at them and they were all blown engines well anyways he checked to see if they had oil well guess what no oil ! so he calls the manager up front cause the guy was throwing a fit how they kept breaking so recieving manager calls the manager and ask if he put oil in the lawn mowers that is supplied to the custmer when bought he looked at the manager and says where does it say to fill it with oil in the manual!

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Let me tell you something, even if the supplier was supposed to fill the mower with oil before giving it to the buyer, you gotta be some kinda waterhead to run a mower, or any new small engine without checking the oil first. Seems like a lotta people don't want to take responsibility anymore.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Had a ********/Honda front wheeled propeller come back to the shop the other week because the front wheel drive "wouldn't work". The style that has the right hand grip control that engages as you squeeze the handle. Directions for the self adjustment was on the decal right below that handle assembly, but I guess the owner would rather reload it in his car and return it other than searching around for the "answer" or heavens forbid pick up his manual or maybe even calling Sears for instructions! People like this will seriously injure themselves someday using power equipment!! :00000060:

·
close enuff works for me
3,104 Posts
People like that could hurt them selves using a screwdriver and pliers.......:Stop: ,.....the screwdriver and pliers didn't have instructions............:banghead3

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've hurt myself with screwdrivers and pliers. Does that make me a bad person?

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
He did check the oil. The can was still full!
:praying:

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
"Just imagine what this guy would do with a 2 cycle engine"

Now you gone and done it LB Freak, my Lawnboys are all shaking just thinking about that :ROF

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Mine are slowly crawling away!

I have had mowers that "wont start" because the airfilters were plugged with 2" of grass over them! Seriously people!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Some of the new mowers have switches that won't allow spark if the oil level goes too low.

I guess those cheaper made Deeres don't do that anymore.

I assume that is a breakdown in the managers duty?

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I've hurt myself with screwdrivers and pliers. Does that make me a bad person?
No... no it doesn't! But, I'm a bad person because I hurt myself opening the blister pack the pliers and screwdriver came in...!:ROF

It seems today that there are an excess of folks who are perfectly happy with exactly zero common sense. AND there are an equal number who are glad there are so many as to be able to sell more stuff to 'em. These afflictions are getting worse on a proportional scale as to how many "safety stickers" they can jam on packaging and products. Possibly it's a "reading comprehension" or "congnative disorder" epidemic. Either way scars and all, I'm glad I'm getting old... I DON"T want to see the end result!!!:D

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Heck, for that price I'd get one and see if it can be freed up, ya never know.

·
Lawn Boy
1,556 Posts
Don't bring the horror of a strait-gased 2-cycle up!:crybaby:
"I only ran it that way for a little while.... I was gonna just put more oil in it NEXT TIME. It's not like I ran the thing all summer without oil..."

Can't tell you how many times I heard THAT line at the LB dealer...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts