My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing partner, who retired from John Deere several years ago after 35 years there, ordered himself a JD 3302 (or 3202) Utility tractor with all the whistles and bells. He didn't tell me what he paid for it, but I've been searching the various JD websites, and it probably cost him at least $24,000.00 or more. Well! that this beginning of this story.

He's been waiting for this tractor for at least a week, and Wednesday 8/04 he called the dealer...a town ...lint named from freedom in southeast Kansas. The same town where they hold the "Newollah" parade in November.. Type the name and you will know where the dealer is located.

Now, back to the "one for the record books."

The dealer told my fishing partner the tractor would be delivered on Thursday 5th. My fishing buddy waited all day yesterday in is newly built barn for the tractor to arrive. Darkness came and no tractor. This morning he called. The dealer told him it was delivered at 9:45 am on Thursday. He told the owner at the dealer the tractor wasn't delivered. The dealer said he would call back. Two hours went by and no phone call or tractor. The person who does the delivery/hauling of this dealer tractors, said to the dealer he delivered it to the address on the sales slip. I just talked to my fishing buddy about hour ago, and the dealer cannot locate the tractor, or the address the hauler said he delivered the tractor. They (dealer and hauler) have been driving around all afternoon trying to get the delivery person to remember where he unloaded the tractor.

·
Super Moderator
17,123 Posts
Somebody Got a suprise when they got home finding a Deere in there driveway. Sorry to Hear about you friends Deere.:thThumbsU

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
My fishing partner, who retired from John Deere several years ago after 35 years there, ordered himself a JD 3302 (or 3202) Utility tractor with all the whistles and bells. He didn't tell me what he paid for it, but I've been searching the various JD websites, and it probably cost him at least $24,000.00 or more. Well! that this beginning of this story.

He's been waiting for this tractor for at least a week, and Wednesday 8/04 he called the dealer...a town ...lint named from freedom in southeast Kansas. The same town where they hold the "Newollah" parade in November.. Type the name and you will know where the dealer is located.

Now, back to the "one for the record books."

The dealer told my fishing partner the tractor would be delivered on Thursday 5th. My fishing buddy waited all day yesterday in is newly built barn for the tractor to arrive. Darkness came and no tractor. This morning he called. The dealer told him it was delivered at 9:45 am on Thursday. He told the owner at the dealer the tractor wasn't delivered. The dealer said he would call back. Two hours went by and no phone call or tractor. The person who does the delivery/hauling of this dealer tractors, said to the dealer he delivered it to the address on the sales slip. I just talked to my fishing buddy about hour ago, and the dealer cannot locate the tractor, or the address the hauler said he delivered the tractor. They (dealer and hauler) have been driving around all afternoon trying to get the delivery person to remember where he unloaded the tractor.
Sounds like that Deere dealer has a big problem, not your friend.

They could spend the remains of their days looking for the other tractor, for all I'd care. If I were your friend, I'd tell them I don't really care what their excuse is. I would want my tractor delivered, or my money back in full. Pronto.

Man, you'd think a guy who retired from Deere would get about the best service/treatment going.

I would definitely be seriously irked if I were your friend. But still and all, there is definitely a humorous side to this story.

·
Super Moderator
35,804 Posts
Well someone around there is having a good time breaking in a new tractor!!! Hope they're good enough to call the dealer when they've got all the chores done!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Unbelievable almost, first time I've ever heard this about a dealer but like said above your friend should get a brand new tractor or his money back!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I'd really hate to be in that delivery person's shoes right now. Can you imaging the butt chewing he is taking and will continue to take?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd really hate to be in that delivery person's shoes right now. Can you imaging the butt chewing he is taking and will continue to take?
:ditto:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Sounds like that the delivery person might have tried a fast one on the dealer. You can't tell me he doesn't remember where he delivered it too. If I was the dealer I would be calling the police on this one. slkpk

·
10,839 Posts
Sounds like that the delivery person might have tried a fast one on the dealer. You can't tell me he doesn't remember where he delivered it too. If I was the dealer I would be calling the police on this one. slkpk
10-4 on that. Start running down the list of his buddies, its somewhere amongst them most likely.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Im with you on this...

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Knock Knock Knock

"Sorry to bother you sir, but we mistakenly delivered a tractor here the other day"

"Tractor ? Tractor ? .. me no understand, never saw one, now get of my property YOU infidel"

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,960 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ I was driving back into town today and saw a semi-trailer unit, 40 foot container unit, with JD mudflaps.... And JD colours painted in horizontal lines along it... And I thought, geez, of COURSE for dropping off a tractor they might need a semi to haul it with.... Wonder if that delivery guy was REALLY lost?!?!?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thats almost funny. Anything can happen, we've (temparaily at least) lost 8000 series units at the factory before. Even had a service instuctor a few months from retirement get caught for stealing and selling whole units and some drivetrain componants

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
That's what I was thinking.

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Some of you here just a little too critical who to blame for this mixup. However, it turned out just fine about dark...8:pm yesterday.

The delivery person told the dealer (owner) he delivered it to a farm house with a metal barn on the east side of the ranch house. That would be correct with my fishing partner, as he has a new metal barn and it sets on the east side of the home. However, there's another place some three miles away that would compare with the new tractor owner's home. Here's the end of the story. They found the location where the man delivered the tractor, but, no tractor where the delivery man said he unloaded it. The dealer went to the door and a older lady told the dealer, her neighbor came by for a visit and she ask him to put the tractor in the barn for her. She has a mowing firm to mow her yard and barn lot, and she thought they had dropped off a tractor to be used to mow the yard, as they told her they had a new tractor coming to mow.

Anyway, all is well and everything seems to be back to normal, and the fishing buddy is happy it turned out okay. His wife is not too thrilled over the ordeal. My guess, the dealer is willing to hire another delivery person.

·
16,808 Posts
Local JD dealer in this area uses a 'towing' firm, (one flatbed truck) to do most of their deliveries/pickups....

(I belive their's some family involved--c'uz it seems like the guy's only customer)--but if it works for him, I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts