My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who live in middle America, you luck out
For us Right and Left Coasters', who are subjected to high salt 'air' content, not just from Snow, but rain, fog, etc
Galvanized [or Alum] is the way to go, albeit a bit more pricey, but 20++ years life expectancy
This is a 5x10, with my LTX 1046

Attachments

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Or just paint it every year. :fing32:

·
Registered
690 Posts
excellent

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
BTW nice trailer and tractor!!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Yep we think alike and thats why I went all Aluminum also.Even the floor is aluminum and not planks to rot out.Mine has to sit outside atleast for now and I did not want to worry about the floor.I went with an Aluma 6310

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
"Galvanization" involves the popular metal ZINC so that lets out the lower Left Coast.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause dire goofyness, political action oddities, gross dress codes and clear receptive degredation.

:bannana:

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Another advantage to Aluminum trailers is less weight.That equals more load weight capacity for the axel and pulling vehical.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
my lil tyke is a 1976, its first 9 years were up north in snow and salt, the only rust is the back bumper (fixin that), its got atleast 60,000 miles or more on it, 2 strip down to metal paint jobs, 5 recoats, it now got spray bomb bed liner, replaced the springs this year, a new set of tires, new bearings

im fixin to post up a post when i totaly finish working on it

but i do like the OP's trailer :fing32:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'Lotta weight hangin' on that bumper isn't there? Nice looking trailer.
Not as much as you would think, the ramp adds some counter weight
Was experimenting with the tire size to see if the deck bottomed out, no problem with the 480x12, will be swapping up to 175x13's to see if there is still clearence

I have had customers that have had these for over 10+ years and only lost a few hundred dollars on resale

1 - 12 of 12 Posts