My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought ....I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too. Has 15,000# capacity. The deck is 18 ft x 18 ft with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4 ft x 4 ft by 18 inches high and the Gazebo is 10 ft. Hexagon with a table and chairs. Inside, under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controlled wireless so I can be fishing outside and operate the motor. On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge. I have 2 electric winches with 40# anchors. I have also built in a water pump so I can clean the fish right on the spot.

IN RHINELANDER THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO FISH
AND THEN THERE ARE FISHERMEN

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought ....I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too. Has 15,000# capacity. The deck is 18 ft x 18 ft with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4 ft x 4 ft by 18 inches high and the Gazebo is 10 ft. Hexagon with a table and chairs. Inside, under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controlled wireless so I can be fishing outside and operate the motor. On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge. I have 2 electric winches with 40# anchors. I have also built in a water pump so I can clean the fish right on the spot.

THAT IS AWSOME Idont know what else to say:congrats:

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,553 Posts
That is totally awesome...and if it rains you can get right out of it. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
I love that. I grew up on the Missouri River so I never experienced any water with out a current, if I ever do? I'm going to build one of those.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That is just insane... What a way to go fishing:fing32:

·
Registered
547 Posts
What a great post....

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That is just too great!

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
I've never been fishing in my life, I'd sure give it a try there.
The weather vane is a nice touch.

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is not the best picture it’s a screen capture from Google earth.

These are in Erie PA on Presque isle near the coast guard station. There is about 20 houses floating out there and they are used all year round.

Next time we head out that way we’ll get same real, better pictures.

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice job Jeepersmitty! :fing32:

what lake are you floating on over there? I've got a place on Fork... and when I showed my wife your pic.. the first thing she asked was.. " what if he hits a stump with that..." I think you know what she means!!

It looks like a nice ride and a beautiful lake... I hope you get lots of time on it...

tc

·
Registered
292 Posts
redneck ingenuity at its finest wish i woulda thought of that but i dont live on a lake either so and they say neccesity is the mother of all inventions so figuring this out you like fishing live on a lake wanted a gazebo and was going to put it by the lake but then thought hey i got an idea hold my beer while i try this out lol

·
Registered
267 Posts

SAAAWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!! now i want one!!!!!:crybaby:

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
MAN, Jeep, that is awesome! Now, let me see, from my house in GA to Mineola, TX...hmmmm, maybe two days to get there! You thought of everything! I was wondering how you moved it, then as I kept reading your post - the remote (remote I say!) controlled electric motor. You didn't miss a thing. Next will be a generator and a/c - heat!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts