My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The company I work for is planning on closing, which means I am out of a job soon. I have some older LawnBoy toys(snowboys, hobby gardners, iron horses, 1 quietflite that needs a TON of help) that I am very regrettably having to likely sell. I was going to put them on eBay, but figured I would let you guys have a crack at it first. *sigh* Sorry this is tough.

Kyle

Attachments

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Sorry to hear about your job and hope you find another very soon. slkpk

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
You've got some neat old toys there.....I understand your situation, I wish I could help you but I'm in a similar boat. I think the recession situation is finally getting to Kansas.....I've never been so worried about my job as I am now.

Best of luck to you...:trink39:

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Sad time for sure LBC, I hope the situation gets better fast.
and same for you Indy452.
I sold my toy's one time also, and it was a hard thing to do. I feel your pain. Best of luck your way guys.:praying:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I think we've all seen hard times over the yrs.Just remember,they are in fact just toys and can be replaced in the future.Grab some ground up around yourself,and hold on;it'll be better after next Nov.:trink40:

·
Super Moderator and over 6K Posts!
6,685 Posts
Hi! So sorry to hear about your job situation. I went thru something similar about three and a half years ago when my wife and I both lost our jobs at the same time due to a conflict with the company where we worked. We used this as a time to regroup and never looked back. She has retired now and I am self employed doing what I love, yard work, snow removal, and officiating volleyball for the city leagues. Use this as a time to decide which direction you would like to go and be sure you explore all your options. I always say everything happens for a reason so just work thru this in a positive manor and it will all work out for you, I am sure. I wish you all the best in whatever direction you decide to go. Take care of yourself. Bill

:sorry1:

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,366 Posts
I am sorry for the misfortune and I can also relate. The company I work for has just filed bankruptcy and I may have to start looking elsewhere for a job to. Don't worry though just think positive, capitalize on the positives and if it comes down to it I am sure that both you and I will both make it just fine. My wife lost her job of 23 years about a year ago and she is doing even better now, the military barber shop she now works for has broken all time sales records due to her being hired. I would imagine her old boss feels pretty stupid right about now for thowing away 23 years of customer base and loyalty for absolutely no reason at all. LOL

·
Cityboy
607 Posts
The company I work for is planning on closing, which means I am out of a job soon. I have some older LawnBoy toys(snowboys, hobby gardners, iron horses, 1 quietflite that needs a TON of help) that I am very regrettably having to likely sell. I was going to put them on eBay, but figured I would let you guys have a crack at it first. *sigh* Sorry this is tough.

Kyle
There's not a lot I can say that hasn't already been said. So just hang in there and if you really have to sell let us know what you might want for them and we will try and help out. All of us here might be able to pitch in to like an auction or something.We will need pics of all of the stuff you might be selling.
Rex is your wife working at Dyess? Been there a couple of times, my brother was stationed there and I was up at Altus OK. for four years.

Curtis

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,366 Posts
There's not a lot I can say that hasn't already been said. So just hang in there and if you really have to sell let us know what you might want for them and we will try and help out. All of us here might be able to pitch in to like an auction or something.We will need pics of all of the stuff you might be selling.
Rex is your wife working at Dyess? Been there a couple of times, my brother was stationed there and I was up at Altus OK. for four years.

Curtis
Yes Curtis, she's a legend in these parts for cutting military hair. She can do any military style hair cut free hand probably faster than anyone on the planet. We just figured that they got rid of her based on jealousy and racism. She pulled the rug out from under them though when she went next door and took all of her customers wth her.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I still need to vent over this to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good news is that I will have at least 3 more full checks, but after that it is a mystery. I am likely going to part with one of my Snowboys and I am telling you it is in **** near brand new condition, original paint and everything. I will get it out tomorrow and take some pictures if I get time.

Bad news is some ******* broke into my shed and stole one of my loafers, some weed eaters, and some tools. Sad what this world is coming to.

Thanks for all the positive wishes, it means a lot.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I feel you buddy. I have been in the same boat for the past few months. I worked for a local municipality road department who decided they wanted to downsize...or so we thought. A week after 3 of us got laid off, they were looking to hire 4 more guys...at $3 an hour less.

If you need someone to adopt your toys, send me a PM. I know I'm far away and shipping is the only way, but maybe we can work something out to get your toys back in the future. Hang in there and something better will come along...and be sure to reinforce your shed somehow so nobody else helps themselves to your goods!

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
Are you sure you have to sell? Another fellow recently said he had to sell his dad's old mower because he had health problems. I explained to him that the small amount he would get for it wouldn't pay much of a bill. If you sell your prized possesions, how far will the money go anyway?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi! So sorry to hear about your job situation. I went thru something similar about three and a half years ago when my wife and I both lost our jobs at the same time due to a conflict with the company where we worked. We used this as a time to regroup and never looked back. She has retired now and I am self employed doing what I love, yard work, snow removal, and officiating volleyball for the city leagues. Use this as a time to decide which direction you would like to go and be sure you explore all your options. I always say everything happens for a reason so just work thru this in a positive manor and it will all work out for you, I am sure. I wish you all the best in whatever direction you decide to go. Take care of yourself. Bill

:sorry1:
We are in the same boat, I was let go of my job in Sept 2011..I was self employed prior to being hired, and I decided to really give the self employed thing a real try and make it work..a lot of it has to do with your attitude, a believe in a higher Power..2012 has been a great year so far..I too do many things, and nothing wrong with that. besides Small engine repair, I do Headlight Restoration, Teach Intro to Ebay classes ( Both classroom and one-on-one), Help businesses get more web presents, Minor Handy man work, Appliance repair...and much more!!! There is money out there you just need to go get it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.