My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

Citizen of Earth
On tonight's news from northeast PA, there was a story about some crazy woman going inside a grocery store and LOUDLY announcing she has the corona virus and then proceeds to intentionally cough on all the fresh produce and then work her way down the meat isle. Police arrested her in the store, but the store had to dispose of $38,000 worth of food. I don't understand why would anyone do that? To get their 15 minutes of fame? Her name was never mentioned and no photo of her shown. Maybe she went nuts from sitting in her house for 2 weeks? She was lucky she wasn't killed by fellow angry shoppers.

Administrator
On tonight's news from northeast PA, there was a story about some crazy woman going inside a grocery store and LOUDLY announcing she has the corona virus and then proceeds to intentionally cough on all the fresh produce and then work her way down the meat isle. Police arrested her in the store, but the store had to dispose of $38,000 worth of food. I don't understand why would anyone do that? To get their 15 minutes of fame? Her name was never mentioned and no photo of her shown. Maybe she went nuts from sitting in her house for 2 weeks? She was lucky she wasn't killed by fellow angry shoppers.

Mental illness would be my guess....There are plenty out there with this affliction, virus or not.

Minding my P's & Q's
There are people who feel that since they have contracted something, everyone should.
Happens during every outbreak of any kind we have ever had.

Main reason I am only buying food that is wrapped. Nothing from the open bulk bins, or un wrapped fresh vegetables.
Never know what some one has intentionally, or unintentionally touched.
Over the years I have seen people, and mainly their children, do some pretty odd things at the bulk bins.
Can't freak out about it, but you can use care.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #66
Sadly, this woman clearly has some form of mental health problem, a condition that could be just as debilitating, or even deadly as the corona virus, and even less understood.

Registered
Why people would do something like that is quite unknown, but the social media insanity could be partially to blame. YouTube, Twitter and the like show numerous instances of people performing all types of stupid, often illegal activities and nothing is ever done other than their likes go up.

It appears that we now have one confirmed case in my county, of course they don't say where, it's a pretty big county of just over 900 square miles & 51,000 people. So far, this self-quarantine stuff is no different than how I normally live on a day to day basis. So what if I am a retired semi-recluse? Do my grocery and other shopping twice a month, other than that, hardly ever leave my property. More than enough things to keep me amused and occupied here.
That's why it is going to be interesting when in just over a week, I'll have to do the shopping again.

Super Moderator
First case in Crawford County, PA as well this morning. I figure I can hold out another one to two weeks without going anywhere, after that I'm going to have to at least do some food shopping!

Super Moderator
You may want to check to see if your grocery store has a home delivery option, Tim. Ours (Stop and Shop) has for some years, and we are using it for the first time. My wife shopped on her tablet, filled her cart, and paid via cc. There is now a 2 week wait, so we are now a little less than 1 1/2 weeks out. Plenty of food here though, as my wife began stocking up a few weeks ago.

Super Moderator
They don't have home delivery but they have "fast checkout" you call your order in and then an employee puts it all in a cart and you can just show up and run it though the line.

Premium Member
Try getting a thermometer, only took me a week but just happened upon one through persistence.
I was picking up a few things at Krogers mostly for family members and looked in their health/meds type isle and the place for them was empty w/a sign that said " only 3 per customer" as it said the last time I was there but I looked over and there was their pharmacy and thought " I bet they have some" so what the heck all they can say is no, and they did or one gal did then another one walked by and said "I got one I'll let you have" and I thought well great but here goes $25, and she rang it up and said " that'll be $ 4.06" and it was a nice digital one to. Just lucky.

Registered
Officially we have 7 reported cases here in our county in northern Indiana. A firefighter I know told me that for every one reported there's at least 10x more not reported (due to lack of testing- confirmation. A lot of people are told to stay at home and contact their MD).

Local area hospital (one county over) had an emergency meeting Monday. Said it was found that in a sampling found live virus on gas pump handles a touch pad. (I would imagine and common surface such as an ATM machine, card reader, etc. would also be suspect).

I ran to the store yesterday, picked up a few supplies, was to only one wearing a mask and wiping off surfaces such as the cart handle, etc. Even though I was the only one wearing a mask, no one gave me a second look. Figured it anyone made a comment I'd walk closer and begin coughing and fake sneezing. Heh.

I'm over 70 and in reasonably good health, but I'm over 70, so, masks, wipes and hand sanitizer. (The rest of you can be tough guys. lol)

Found it interesting that the store made periodic announcements to keep a two-cart interval between shoppers. Everyone appeared to be doing this except those who spoke only Spanish. (I wonder if they actually understand the danger)?

Super Moderator
A good reason to always take precautions around gas pumps.

Attachments

Registered
There's a rather disturbing article & video over on Zerohedge of the Spring Breakers that traveled to Miami from points in the North & Northeast. One of the reasons I don't have a cell phone among many. Shades of the movie "Enemy of the State". Zerohedge is a doom & gloom website usually featuring financial stuff. Always interesting to see today's technology applications.

Registered
There's a rather disturbing article & video over on Zerohedge of the Spring Breakers that traveled to Miami from points in the North & Northeast.
COVIDIOTS aptly describes them. Most of them think it will just hit them mildly, similar to a bout of the flu. The demographics in the US however is different from other countries and many in their age group are ending up in the ICU on ventilators. This is being attributed to vaping.

Registered
Many Canadians returning from either Wintering down South or returning from Spring break are ignoring orders to self-isolate when they return, evidenced by many RVs spotted in mall parking lots in Canadian border towns.

Super Moderator
COVIDIOTS aptly describes them. Most of them think it will just hit them mildly, similar to a bout of the flu. The demographics in the US however is different from other countries and many in their age group are ending up in the ICU on ventilators. This is being attributed to vaping.
Well even if it only hits them mildly, what's it going to do the the population they come into contact with, including their elderly family members!

15,000 +posts!
Like Flaken, I stay home 99% of the time anyways,pandemic or not,so being a "prisoner" in my own home ain't nothing new to me,but I must admit my stress levels have skyrocketed lately,and I have had to either shut the TV news off,or watch it and wonder just how much of it is reality,and how much is just staged to scare the public out of their wits..and cabin fever IS setting in,despite it being nice out some days lately..you can only walk around the yard so many times,ya know ?..

When the news started focusing more on the unemployment figures and stock market crashes and swings recently ,I got the feeling the virus threat is for real,but the facts are the number of deaths so far aren't adding up to what they were predicting,and the flu is still more deadly,and the statistics for the numbers of flu victims seem to be hard to find online.
.I cant help but think this was a "planned-demic"..
I wont elaborate for fear of being banned or my thread deleted for being political or being conspiracy related..

I have to venture out today ,go to my bank,get some money to pay bills,go get my prescriptions--not looking forward to it one bit either...bank is only allowing you to use the drive thru,if you need to come inside or meet with an employee,you must first call ahead,and I bet they are screening people at the door ,taking their temperature,etc,to "ensure the safety of our employees"...but many of the cashiers at grocery stores don't always wear gloves or masks,and despite new "rules" for social distancing,its about impossible to stay 6 feet away from them and be able to hand over your germ laden cash..90% of the customers dont wear anything to protect them either..many people seem to not care or think its a serious issue..

An e-mail from my doctor states "Do NOT come to the facility ,call ahead first,if you need to see your doctor..
"STAY IN YOUR CAR !--someone will meet you in the parking lot,and pre-examine you,before being allowed inside..if it is deemed you must enter the building,WAIT IN YOUR CAR,we well call you on your cell phone to tell you when you can enter,after the previous patient has left the building--if you are suspected of being ill ,you will have to wear a mask & gloves before entering--due to the shortage of testing kits,only those seriously ill will be qualified to be tested--others with low grade fever or "minor" symptoms will be sent home to self quarrantine for 14 days.."

Gee,I guess its a waste of time trying to get diagnosed or treated ?--might as well just stay home and die if you end up getting the virus..:eek:

Over 150 health care workers in various Boston hospitals tested positive in recent days,so everyone that they worked with and them will both have to self quarrantine for 14 days..that is what the biggest threat is,all the health care workers and first responders are getting the virus,they are lacking enough masks and other equipment, and soon we'll be lacking enough to help those in need for other things like car accidents ,not just ill people..3 police officers and 2 firemen in the town next to mine,and 21 people tested positive yesterday, 5 more in another town a few miles from me also..25 have died so far and over 2100 have tested positive..

61 - 80 of 103 Posts