My Tractor Forum banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
15,000 +posts!
19,927 Posts
It’s funny here. Wife had a conference call with a bunch of here coworkers at a local gym. Our stay at home order was extended to June 12. Owner of gym asked the trainers if they would be comfortable coming back June 7.

Trainers: “Oh no! Too dangerous! We don’t want to get infected!”

Owner: “Ok, how about the 12th then?”

Trainers: “Oh, yeah! It’ll be safe then. We won’t even need to wear masks by that point.”

Seriously... the thick bold line spans 5 days?

Apparently someone up north wanted the marina to dump their boat in the water. The customer was really PO’d that the marina couldn’t accommodate them due to being so far behind because of the shut down. It was our governor’s husband that wanted the boat out. They live in Lansing, boat’s up in Torch Lake by their 2nd home (I’m not hating on them for having a second home on a lake - they’ve worked hard and done well for themselves). Governor told people not to travel if it isn’t necessary, ESPECIALLY to their vacation homes. Can you say “hypocrite?”

Your "elected officials" are not alone !...
"Rules for thee--but not for ME"..

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hey Tractor-Holic!!! You mean to say you were not invited?

It's really quite funny watching from far away what other States are doing. This whole thing really hasn't affected me much except for the church. Most all the stores in the two states I shop in are open and well stocked, I'll even include Walmart in that. The Walmarts around here are historically out of many items no matter what. There's no requirements for any PPE and I haven't used any.

2,440 Posts
The store employees are hoarding all the disinfecting wipes and toilet paper. When it's time to stock the shelves they load up their trunks of their cars.That's why there's nothing on the shelves.
We are still in a "stay at home" status but the good thing about our county is we can have home improvement work done at our house. We've been getting a lot done easily and fast because the trades have no business.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hmmnn, interesting. Perhaps since I don't use or buy disinfecting wipes or toilet paper, I wouldn't notice. When there was the run on TP, I did notice right at the beginning, but that only lasted a week around here and haven't seen it since. No, I meant that around here least since 2015 when I moved here, the Walmarts often have bare shelves of the items I purchase most often.

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Well, I had kind of a normal day on Sunday. The kids all came over, we had a fire and barbecue with chairs 20' apart in the backyard. Only the second time they've been over since this whole thing started. The first was Mother's Day when they did a car parade around the driveway but never left the cars. Unlike some parts of the country we had beautiful weather. It was nice to sit and listen to my kids bicker with each other. Good times!

321 - 329 of 329 Posts