My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Collector of many tractors
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Dumpster hunting and found a few Lawnboys mowers... After I put them out I stepped off the dumpster ledge the lip of the dumpster tried to keep my wedding ring, finger and all... I said OUCH and looked at my hand... I could not see my ring... It was under my skin... So this machine must be bad luck. I want to trade it for a newer 6 hp lawnboy engine for something I'm building... I had the bricktop running by squirting gas in the carb... It will run for about 2 min and quit until I squirting more gas inside...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sweet looks like my 1962 8220. I would keep that if i were you! :)

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
If you really want to trade that for a 6.5 horse lawnboy duraforce, you'll have no problem trading it. That is a nice model of self propelled bricktop.

·
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to much stuff and everytime I look at it, it makes my hand hurt...

I need the 2 stroke duraforce for a 3 point bank side mower I'm building...
So the first person that brings me a GOOD duraforce engine complete and running gets the bricktop...

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,075 Posts
Darn, Kevin, that makes shivers run up and down my back. I quite wearing my wedding ring everal years ago when something similar happened to me. I been thinking I would start wearing it again since I don't do much anymore.

The older brother of my best teen age friend melted his wedding ring on his finger working under the dash of a car.

Walt Conner

·
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW thats a cool bricktop. Can you tell me the model number?

What other lawn boys did you find if you don't mind me asking
Tell me where to find the model number and I'll post it...
There was plenty of lawnboys in the dumpster ... I just took the best looking ones... There was another old funny looking one I've never seen the dumpster... It had a BIG deck and was really old... I did not take it because it was not self propelled and the engine parts was so different from the norm...

Dumpster find...

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Wow where is this dumpster? :ROF Sorry to hear about your finger I guess sometimes the dumpsters bite back.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I did not take it because it was not self propelled and the engine parts was so different from the norm...
In that case, heh, you probably should've taken it.

Sorry about your finger. Hope it fels better soon.

Cheers,
Coop

·
Registered
594 Posts
Im with k91. I wonder where this so called fountain of LB's is!>?
You made off great! I love free or throwaways.
My wife shakes her head when I stop, but half our first place together was garage sale/craigslist finds for the first 2 years. No one would have ever known.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
I havent worn a wedding band, or other jewelry at all for many years because I am an auto technician. Seen too many accidents over the years. When I was in the army they even made us remove our dog tags when working on vehicles.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Back in the day I was duped into being a "traditional guy" and did the wedding ring thing... First one was removed by a jeweler who was way closer than the nearest ER after a truck transmission shifted on the jack. The replacement (after 3 years of whining, read "nagging") lasted until somehow it caught my finger when a big wrench slipped... This time I made the ER in 45 minutes holding my hand out the truck window so's not to leak so much on the floor mat... Rings be damned, I'd rather wear my marital Hartz flea collar with the breakaway buckle and "Work Safe!!":D

·
Registered
748 Posts
kbeitz hope the finger is doing ok. Nice find on those lb's. I quit wearing my ring years ago and good thing. Work as maint tech for a manufacturing facility and got my finger caught in between some cylinders on a machine a few months ago. The machine was powered down a void of any residual energy but the weight of the tooling when it drifted was still enough to fracture my finger just behind the knuckle. If I had my ring on it would have been much worse. Good luck on the project.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts