My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been looking for a push mower to do my front yard and since i been on this sight i think im hooked on these lawnboys the way everyone talks about them is pretty impressive my neighbor has one i dont know the model i just thought it was a weird lookin push mower i have never heard of lawnboy until i got on here! should i take the plunge and get addicted to this machine!! i am going to keep my eyes open for one to pick up or is their one paticular model that everyone reccomends i dont have a big front yard.:thanku:

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Do it!

I am an addict also. You can find a nice used 2 stroke LB usually on craigslist for around $50-100, and if well cared for it could be the last mower you buy. However, if you buy one, you may have the urge to buy more. Take that as a warning. ;)

Bob

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
I think you'd like a lawnboy model 7229 or something along those lines. Very light and it has the powerful, reliable F-engine.

·
Registered
972 Posts
An early cast F engine push model is great. I like my 7268 a lot. It only weighs around 50 lbs. I prefer the pre compliance machines. There much easier to work. Sure, I guess you wouldn't want to tumble down into a ditch with one running. But where's the fun in safety. My guys have labeled both my 6259 and 7268 "foot chopper"

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
7229 is great. It is the mower that started my collection! 7268 is pretty much the same thing. If you're looking for self propel you can find an 8237 / 8270 from the late 70's / early 80's before all the safety crap. Those are great lightweight mowers as well. If you're looking for a 19" cut instead of 21" you can opt for a 5247 (same as 7229 but 19). Or if you want a mower with the safety crap, S21 series mowers are real nice, and later models 10515, etc with 3 speed transmissions are great mowers. There is a member here selling one of those if you are interested (not me).

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I think you'd like a lawnboy model 7229 or something along those lines. Very light and it has the powerful, reliable F-engine.
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: Some of my favorites! Also, you might consider a 7227, which is the same as the 7229, but with a D engine. The 7227's were before the 7229's. They both have a 21" aluminum deck with the offset wheel design. They are both push models. I wil fetch some pics for you.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey timberwolf. Just curious is that a pic of my 7229? No worries in just asking cause it looks awfully like mine! But i would recomend a 7229,7268,8237, 5253, 7263-65. All are great!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sweet. thats the day i got it last june. I was like wow that looks just like mine! LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about a 6255 i found a guy selling 2 on ebay total for both is 200 and he throwing in a lawnboy gas can is it worth it i ask if he sell one if he agrees which ine should i buy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
YES Those would be AWESOME! Those are D engine bricktop commercials. I would say go and get em!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts