My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about an 18 cu ft cart

I'm thinking of replacing my old cart with the 18 cu ft steel cart. I'm wondering what a good deal would be on one. Seems like Home Depot has the best price at $369 on their site. Lowes doesn't have it on their site. I called my dealer and I believe they said just over $400.

I'd be interested to hear how others who have this cart like it and maybe even some pictures. The other option is to buy an actual trailer off Craigslist but everything I see is too big. I need something that I can get down my trail with so the 6 ft plus wide trailers are too big. 5ft wide would probably be as wide as I could go.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Last time I was @ Lowes their small road legal trailer was on sale for $400 Seemed like a deal as you could tow it behind your tractor or put your tractor ON it for transport. Of course when it`ll be priced that low again is a crap shoot

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking for something like that used on craigslist but everything is either too big or junk.

Is this what you saw? http://www.lowes.com:80/pd_145557-15476-4X6G_0_?productId=3013702&Ntt=trailers&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=30$Ntt=trailers$identifier=

It would be ideal even though I don't have a truck to tow it but that may change in the future. It would be great to find that for $400.

·
Premium Member
8,321 Posts
Tractor Supply has a 17 cu. ft. manual dump pull behind metal cart made by Huskee, and it's only $199.00. It looks just like one that I got from them about 7 or 8 years ago that was regularly $199.00 back then, and I got it on sale for $149.00, but mine had a different brand name on it, but the sticker has worn off and I don't remember what brand it was. It's still hanging in there, but I really should sand it down and repaint it soon, or the rust will be more than just surface rust.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Huskee at Tractor Supply looks like a good deal. I might have to go down to Home Depot to check out the 17p and 18 steel then check out the 199 Huskee.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have the 17 from fleet farm. It was on sale at Mills Fleet Farm for 149.99. I welded on an actual 2" ball hitch because the ones that come on them are junk. I also welded two tabs on the part that comes in contact with the tongue to help eliminate side to side movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts