My Tractor Forum banner

Thinking about selling my Sears Tractors and attachments

3700 Views 32 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Kbeitz
I have Sears gt-18 Hydro runs good just rebuilt the carb. I have a 71 Sears Suburban 12, just rebuilt the carb. Have two decks a snow blower and a homemade hydraulic 3 point.

Reason I am thinking about selling I am wanting to get a 400 series JD.

Do you think 900 for everything is a good asking price.
I have Sears gt-18 Hydro runs good just rebuilt the carb. I have a 71 Sears Suburban 12, just rebuilt the carb. Have two decks a snow blower and a homemade hydraulic 3 point.

Reason I am thinking about selling I am wanting to get a 400 series JD.

Do you think 900 for everything is a good asking price.
See more
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
WOW...if u was closer id SO be talking to u about it!
See more
What do you think I should be asking for the whole set up. Like 1200? I just restored the gt-18 hydro.
What do you think I should be asking for the whole set up. Like 1200? I just restored the gt-18 hydro.
See more
Atleast! A restored 18H has to be worth that without any implements...
See more
Are you saying my 18h is worth about 1200?

What do you think I should ask for the whole package?
Are you saying my 18h is worth about 1200?

What do you think I should ask for the whole package?
See more
I've seen ss16's and GT18's in rough shape with just a deck go for $900... Would I pay that for one like that, no... But people do! If I had the money, I'd pay a grand for a restored 18H though. Just think, I have $1200 invested into mine (yes I understand I can't get that out of it) without a resto or lots of implements. I'd love to see the tractor though :)
I've seen ss16's and GT18's in rough shape with just a deck go for $900... Would I pay that for one like that, no... But people do! If I had the money, I'd pay a grand for a restored 18H though. Just think, I have $1200 invested into mine (yes I understand I can't get that out of it) without a resto or lots of implements. I'd love to see the tractor though :)
See more
A rough tractor with a deck is NOT worth $900, regardless of the model.

A MINT, properly restored GT/18H is worth about 500-600, maybe 700 if it was meticulously done.

I would start at $1000, then work your way down.

A MINT, properly restored GT/18H is worth about 500-600, maybe 700 if it was meticulously done.

See more
Dude, these Sears must be like Honda Cicic's up there lol... I know what Ive seen and what they go for around me but maybe the market or surplus of these things is better up there. I paid $400 for mine and it needed a little tinkering. If I saw a mint 18H on CL for a grand I wouldnt hesitate one bit. I guess the moral of the story is this, depending on your location and the buyers interested, the price can vary quite a bit. but I agree with you Hugh, start at a grand, you may be surprised to see what its worth to the right person. If I had the money, Id be that right person :howdy:

See less
Dude, these Sears must be like Honda Cicic's up there lol... I know what Ive seen and what they go for around me but maybe the market or surplus of these things is better up there. I paid $400 for mine and it needed a little tinkering. If I saw a mint 18H on CL for a grand I wouldnt hesitate one bit. I guess the moral of the story is this, depending on your location and the buyers interested, the price can vary quite a bit. but I agree with you Hugh, start at a grand, you may be surprised to...
See more
Oh yeah, one more thing! :wwp:
Oh yeah, one more thing! :wwp:
See more
Last year in my area I picked up a non-running 18 for $250.
Three weeks ago one came into out local junkyard and i was told the engine was stuck. While I was there they cut it in half. I said i wanted the engine. They said it was no good. I said I wanted it for parts. When I got it the drive belt was rusted fast in the drive pulley. Nothing was wrong with the engine. I put the two together and now got a good tractor.
So every area the prices are so different. My area seems to have a glut of tractors. Our local auctions have 100's of tractors for sale

Attachments

See less
Three weeks ago one came into out local junkyard and i was told the engine was stuck. While I was there they cut it in half. I said i wanted the engine. They said it was no good. I said I wanted it for parts. When I got it the drive belt was rusted fast in the drive pulley. Nothing was wrong with the engine. I put the two together and now got a good tractor.
So every area the prices are so different. My area seems to have a glut of...
See more
Dude! Where is that?! I want in lol and im on the NY, NJ, PA border...
So every area the prices are so different. My area seems to have a glut of tractors. Our local auctions have 100's of tractors for sale
See less
Dude! Where is that?! I want in lol and im on the NY, NJ, PA border...
Three weeks ago one came into out local junkyard and i was told the engine was stuck. While I was there they cut it in half. I said i wanted the engine. They said it was no good. I said I wanted it for parts. When I got it the drive belt was rusted fast in the drive pulley. Nothing was wrong with the engine. I put the...
See more
You just had to post those pictures didn't you ...lol
Just ruined my day....I would be in heaven there as I see two that I want...:)
Price is always different in different locations, come up here and see what you get for $200 to 500.....mostly just parts or junk
You just had to post those pictures didn't you ...lol
Just ruined my day....I would be in heaven there as I see two that I want...:)
Price is always different in different locations, come up here and see what you get for $200 to 500.....mostly just parts or junk
See more
The deals are out there, you just have to keep $300 or so on you at all times and be ready to pounce. My '67 Suburban was $200, Cub Cadet 882 was $345 and the latest is a Cub 147 for $125. Once you have a few collected and you're not too anxious to find one, the deals start coming out of the woodwork.
The deals are out there, you just have to keep $300 or so on you at all times and be ready to pounce. My '67 Suburban was $200, Cub Cadet 882 was $345 and the latest is a Cub 147 for $125. Once you have a few collected and you're not too anxious to find one, the deals start coming out of the woodwork.
See more
:ditto: $900-$110 for a tractor unless it has a loader, I would never look at.

:ditto: $900-$110 for a tractor unless it has a loader, I would never look at.

See more
So you guys are saying 1000 for all the tractors and attachments?
So you guys are saying 1000 for all the tractors and attachments?
See more
It keeps giving me an error message when I try to load pics.
See more
Yeah 1k for all of it is what I would do.

As a point of reference, I bought a GT/19.9, running and driving, but in need of some body work for $350. It came with the manuals and service records, 42" deck, 39" blower, and 46" blade and some heavy *** wheel weights.
Yeah 1k for all of it is what I would do.

As a point of reference, I bought a GT/19.9, running and driving, but in need of some body work for $350. It came with the manuals and service records, 42" deck, 39" blower, and 46" blade and some heavy *** wheel weights.
See more
are they too large? You can try uploading them to photobucket.com and then you just need the img code to paste them into the message.
are they too large? You can try uploading them to photobucket.com and then you just need the img code to paste them into the message.
See more
Here are some pics of the tractor and attachments I have. I have not had a chance to restore the suburban 12 yet. The decks are still like the way I bought them. The blower works good. The three point I don't know if works or not.

Attachments

Here are some pics of the tractor and attachments I have. I have not had a chance to restore the suburban 12 yet. The decks are still like the way I bought them. The blower works good. The three point I don't know if works or not.
See more
Some more pics of the snowblower and the 3point.

Attachments

Some more pics of the snowblower and the 3point.
See more
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.