My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sears gt-18 Hydro runs good just rebuilt the carb. I have a 71 Sears Suburban 12, just rebuilt the carb. Have two decks a snow blower and a homemade hydraulic 3 point.

Reason I am thinking about selling I am wanting to get a 400 series JD.

Do you think 900 for everything is a good asking price.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've seen ss16's and GT18's in rough shape with just a deck go for $900... Would I pay that for one like that, no... But people do! If I had the money, I'd pay a grand for a restored 18H though. Just think, I have $1200 invested into mine (yes I understand I can't get that out of it) without a resto or lots of implements. I'd love to see the tractor though :)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
A rough tractor with a deck is NOT worth $900, regardless of the model.

A MINT, properly restored GT/18H is worth about 500-600, maybe 700 if it was meticulously done.

I would start at $1000, then work your way down.

·
Registered
283 Posts

A MINT, properly restored GT/18H is worth about 500-600, maybe 700 if it was meticulously done.

Dude, these Sears must be like Honda Cicic's up there lol... I know what Ive seen and what they go for around me but maybe the market or surplus of these things is better up there. I paid $400 for mine and it needed a little tinkering. If I saw a mint 18H on CL for a grand I wouldnt hesitate one bit. I guess the moral of the story is this, depending on your location and the buyers interested, the price can vary quite a bit. but I agree with you Hugh, start at a grand, you may be surprised to see what its worth to the right person. If I had the money, Id be that right person :howdy:

·
Collector of many tractors
15,230 Posts
Last year in my area I picked up a non-running 18 for $250.
Three weeks ago one came into out local junkyard and i was told the engine was stuck. While I was there they cut it in half. I said i wanted the engine. They said it was no good. I said I wanted it for parts. When I got it the drive belt was rusted fast in the drive pulley. Nothing was wrong with the engine. I put the two together and now got a good tractor.
So every area the prices are so different. My area seems to have a glut of tractors. Our local auctions have 100's of tractors for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Last year in my area I picked up a non-running 18 for $250.
Three weeks ago one came into out local junkyard and i was told the engine was stuck. While I was there they cut it in half. I said i wanted the engine. They said it was no good. I said I wanted it for parts. When I got it the drive belt was rusted fast in the drive pulley. Nothing was wrong with the engine. I put the two together and now got a good tractor.
So every area the prices are so different. My area seems to have a glut of tractors. Our local auctions have 100's of tractors for sale
Dude! Where is that?! I want in lol and im on the NY, NJ, PA border...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You just had to post those pictures didn't you ...lol
Just ruined my day....I would be in heaven there as I see two that I want...:)
Price is always different in different locations, come up here and see what you get for $200 to 500.....mostly just parts or junk

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The deals are out there, you just have to keep $300 or so on you at all times and be ready to pounce. My '67 Suburban was $200, Cub Cadet 882 was $345 and the latest is a Cub 147 for $125. Once you have a few collected and you're not too anxious to find one, the deals start coming out of the woodwork.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts

:ditto: $900-$110 for a tractor unless it has a loader, I would never look at.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Yeah 1k for all of it is what I would do.

As a point of reference, I bought a GT/19.9, running and driving, but in need of some body work for $350. It came with the manuals and service records, 42" deck, 39" blower, and 46" blade and some heavy *** wheel weights.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
It keeps giving me an error message when I try to load pics.
are they too large? You can try uploading them to photobucket.com and then you just need the img code to paste them into the message.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pics of the tractor and attachments I have. I have not had a chance to restore the suburban 12 yet. The decks are still like the way I bought them. The blower works good. The three point I don't know if works or not.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts